
It has been a difficult week for me and my famiy but also a week full of awesome memories. After learning last Saturday evening that my Dad had passed away suddenly, my siblings and I have spent a lot of time together remembering all the wonderful things about my Dad that we loved. My brother has really stepped up to take care of us and handle all the details of a funeral and my sisters likewise have been so great. I on the other hand feel like I'm five years old all over again, but I've enjoyed spending this past week with them.
I've thought a lot this week about all the things I never said to Dad or the times recently that I should have called him and didn't. I hope to never feel that kind of regret again and I'm determined to be better at letting those I love know it.
Thanks to all of you who have written, called, and sent flowers. It has meant so much to our family.
I've thought a lot this week about all the things I never said to Dad or the times recently that I should have called him and didn't. I hope to never feel that kind of regret again and I'm determined to be better at letting those I love know it.
Thanks to all of you who have written, called, and sent flowers. It has meant so much to our family.
4 comments:
I am so sorry Tanis. I hope that things will go well for you guys over the next while. You are in our prayers.
Tanis
hi it is Meghann Clements from Edmonton, So wonderful to run into you in the blogging world and I am so sorry to hear about your father. My prayers to you and your family. I can't believe you have 3 now!!! Just wanted to stop in and say hi. I found your blog through Laura and Darren's.
Take care,Meghann Clements
Tanis
I was wondering if I can add you to my list of links??
Meghann
Oh sweetie...I have all these feelings bubbling up around the edges after reading your post. I recognize the feelings and feel so many others that lay under the words. Losing my Dad taught me more about the Atonment of Jesus Christ, deep down to my bones, than any other experience. It was a hard bittersweet and hopeful lesson, that I'm still a student of. I'm thinking of you.
Post a Comment