
I've spent a lot of time in the last three days turning this florishing bed of weeds into...

This!
Not bad I guess. However, my Father in-law came over with his rototiller this afternoon and made it even better......

Ta Da!!! A new garden for next spring just for me!!!
I'm so pleased with it and thrilled at the thought of having peas, carrots, corn, pumpkins...all that good stuff!
John has been even busier. A new family has moved into town and they've hired John to re-do their back yard. First thing to do: Cut down 17 giant pine trees that lined the fence. It only took 3 days and a sore back but he did a great job. Unfortunately he's only getting started. The rest of this back yard will basically go and then John gets to show off his real talent of turning it into something beautiful!


As for the kids. That is where the play comes in. We did get to the beach once this week. Abby found a dead minnow and saved it in a bucket and wanted to take it home. Ugghhhh. Luckily Uncle Chad got a pic before I threw it away when her back was turned.

Sam loves getting dirty!

Jewel's sister in Law Johy painted Jessicas toenails yesturday. I can't get over how cute they are. She won't be wearing shoes for the next week, and I plan to match her outfits with her toes. hee hee

I love our little home more and more with every hour we put into it. It is very small for sure, but it makes me think of that old country song by Doug Stone. There is line in it that says, "If we had more room between us, think of all we'd miss. Love grows best in houses just like this." I'm looking forward to making lots of memories while we are here!
1 comment:
Hey Tan, Wow - what a lot of work to put in a garden! Good job! I LOVE jessica's painted toes! I've gotta do that to Keira - you've inspired me! Have a great summer!
Post a Comment