I dressed my girls in the two cutest dresses ever. My sister Jewel had sewn them for her girls and has since lent them to me. Today my kids looked adorable! They were clean, happy, and they all matched (right down to the pony in Sams hand). Spontaniously I decided we needed a family photo. I had to photograph the kids in these outfits. So we hauled everyone out, posed took the pictures,...and were late for church. When I got home this was the photo we had.

Aside from the fact that the lighting was Terrible, I was so upset to not see all of the kids. When I asked John why he didn't get the kids outfits in it he said one word. ..."headshots?" lol:) Clearly John didn't appreciate the significance of that moment. Clean kids,...happy kids,...kids with nice hair...kids in cute home made outfits... May never happen again, but take my word for it...they looked great and did great today!
Abby, Sam, Jess and I enjoyed a nice Sunday walk this afternoon. The weather was beautiful! There is something about nice sunny day, this time of year, that I particularly enjoy. Perhaps it is partly due to the fact that I know it could easily be snowing instead. Makes me really appreciate the mild weather. All in all a great day and we almost feel ready to start the work week. ...almost.
PS: I don't mean to brag but we have the most pleasant baby you could ever imagine. Seriously I dare you all to have a baby who is happy 24/7, sleeps 9 hours straight at night, and cries ONLY when her old brother is sitting on her. What a doll!
2 comments:
I had a baby that happy, then he turned into a toddler.
Oh please don't tell me that! I have a baby that happy...I hope she's a happy toddler!
Tanis, your family is too cute! I love that a "perfect" day is one that starts with clean kids - I so can appreciate that! John needs to climb on board and get those moments documented right!
Love to read/see your posts, keep em coming.
Post a Comment