Thursday, November 1, 2007

Winding Down

How was Halloween for us? Picture this. A beautiful little "Dorothy", a "scarecrow", a "very cute witch", a "tin-man", and ...a Frog? Yes a frog. After working endlessly on these costumes, and then spending a week trying to get sam to wear his...Sam refused to be the lion and instead dressed up as a frog. There is no FROG in the wizard of oz!! Ruined! My theme...was ruined:)) Perhaps I may have tried too hard:) Note to self: Next year...don't sweat it as much. (Luckily I did get some photos last week of everyone dressed up so scroll down to see them.) Notice i'm NOT posting pics of my little frog today. grrrr.

Having said that, it was definately a fun night. John celebrated his 32 birthday as well which made festivities extra great. Gotta love the moments when ya get to celebrate "John"!! I think I have the best husband in the WORLD! His parents came over for crepes and of course the tradional 32nd annual "Ghost cake with flaming eyes".

After dinner...time to Trick or Treat.
Abby...and I had been looking forward to this for weeks. Infact there may have been moments when I might have been skipping right alongside her I could hardly contain myself. Sam and John joined us for a bit of the evening. By the end of the night I think Sam started to grasp the concept of Trick or Treating. For the most part though he wanted only to hold his little chocolate bar (his first of the night) tigthly in his little fist, and heaven help the person who tried to pry that little candy away from him. When it came time to taking more candy he wouldn't because he refused to loosen his grip on the one he already had. Talk about missing the forest for the trees! Oh well. Sam is content.

Today has been much quieter. (is that a word) Took down the decorations because let's face it, after the holidays... decorations just look bad. Died my hair...dark. Bought some of these from Bellababies , Ate the last peice of John's birthday cake, but mostly just tried to get back to a normal routine.

Noticed some Christmas commercials today. Already? ... Can't wait.





John- Happy Birthday! XOXOX

7 comments:

CHEMTD said...

Hahaha so funny Tan, especially the part about Sam being a frog.
However, it might cheer you up a little to know that a frog has, in fact, played a major role in at least one version of the Wizard of Oz. Please see the following link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98gYvk0zQCk

And most importantly, HAPPY B-DAY JOHN!


- C

Anonymous said...

Nice shots. It was fun to see Sam in action that night!!!!

Tanis, said...

I stand corrected. I feel better now:))

Laura Leavitt said...

you and John are so cute. HAppy birthday John. Sounds like you had a great Halloween. I love halloween too. My friends own bellbabies.so great eh?

Tanis, said...

I can't wait for the bows to arrive. I just clicked on the site and loved every single bow!

Shauna said...

Tanis - thanks for sending the link here! I loved my really quick catch-up of the Hardy family. We really need to get together - maybe in Waterton???

Lauren said...

haahahaha! this plan of yours was brilliant. blasted frog! Just kidding. i love it.