I was feeling especially energized and decided to spend the morning re-organizing my cupboards. A major dejunking. Every cupboard. All of them. To me-that is a beautiful thing. I find it very rewarding to look into a cupboard and know that everything in it is stuff that we actually use. I have no difficulty parting with junk. (Mind you there has been a time or two when John has wished I hadn't been so impulsive that way.) I've decided that I'm going to spend one hour every day on some aspect of spring cleaning. (ie windows, spraying the house, steam cleaning...whatever) I'm enjoying the thought of it.
Oh yeah,....back to our beautiful spring day. We picked up Abby from pre-school as usual, only today we took the time to play on the playground a bit. It was slightly overcast and I thought that it might actually rain. Now that - would have been perfect! Abby and Sam loved playing, I loved feeling the satisfaction of knowing that the kids were actually being active again after the long winter months, and Jessica enjoyed...the Rocks.



Jess stood very happily in one spot and never really deviated from it. Those little pebbles sure held her attention. ...and apparently they tasted good to her as well.After the park we stopped by the farm that is down the street from us. They have the most adorable little lambs right now and Sam and Abby can't get enough of them.

Seriously aren't those little things CUTE!!! And nothing says spring more than little lambs. After family home evening we went outside to enjoy the perfect evening. The kids broke out their bikes for the first time, and Grandpa even came by and had homemade smoothies with us while we listened to two nearby owls. Grandpa tried to lure them closer by calling to them, and now Abby is amazed that she has a Grandpa who can "speak owl."



Today was one of those days where nothing could have bothered me. Teething baby?...piles of laundry? ...botched supper? -it's all good. I was just feeling some gratitude for the important things in life. My beautiful kids...my husband...spring....and CLEAN CUPBOARDS.
5 comments:
sounds like a WONDERFUL day. Abby totally looks like you in the picture of her on the bike. I love to throw things out too and have everything so organized. I think moving 9 times has really done it too me. I can throw out most things and I feel a ton better after.....this all started around the time I was prego with Dallin. I have to admit... I am worried that right after I have my baby and come home and am too tired to really clean that my house is going to lose order......am I ridiculous? I lose sleep about this.
Hey we've moved 9 times as well! It really must be the reason we are this way! :))
Oh I'm jelous Tanis! I have a "spring cleaning list" in my head and cupboards are one of them, I just have to DO IT! Good job! It's been so beautiful here too! Love the pictures of your kids at the park - Keira is a rock liker/eater (whichever) too!
We took our boys to the park last night too. Denver also was very entertained by the rocks! What is with that?
Cute shots Tanis. When you are done, I've got some cupboards too if you still have it in ya! Jokes.
Post a Comment