So last fall I took the kids out to Waterton during the National Wildlife film festival. I remember the beautiful day that it was and I ended up spending the majority of the day taking pictures. Go
HERE to see my post on that day. A couple of months ago I decided to paint one of the photos I had taken. It is the first large painting I've ever done. (20X24) Finally it is finished! Atleast I think it is done- that is, until I look at it again. That's when I realize all the hundreds of details I need to go back and fix. I need a teacher-and I'm debating taking it to a lady in town for some help. Hopefully she could show me how to actually do bushes and trees. I need to learn some technique.

I also managed to develop and sort and file our family photos that have been stored up on our hard drive for the past year. Now all those pics are in each kid's book. Count it...that's TWO major projects of mine...DONE!
On a side note-we just had the most fantastic weekend. We watched Saturdays conference sessions at my sisters house and today we saw both sessions with John's Dad. Talk about good talks and GREAT food and AWESOME company. Thanks so much Jewel, Kendall and Dad. So relaxing! I can't wait to be able to download some of our favorite talks. With those two projects out of the way, I think I'll have some time to read:)))
7 comments:
Tanis that painting is awesome!!! That is seriously so good! I can't even imagine being to draw something like that!
AWESOME job Tanis! You've got some serious talent! Way to go!
Nice Tanis. You worked so hard on that! I love it! What's next??? I totally thought of you yesterday during that talk that said that mothers need to take time, to set a goal to learn how to do something that you like! I'm impressed and inspired by you to actually schedule in time!!!
Well done Tanis! You did a fantastic job! Is this an Oil painting? I know a fantastic painter there in Cardston..she taught all of us when we were her MiaMaids. She lives very close to your FIL's house. I'm sure she would love to teach you how to do trees and bushes! Let me know and I'll tell you who she is! Thanks for letting me peek into your world!
That looks AWESOME Tanis! You are so talented...I was looking through some of my pictures and couldn't remember which ones you were interested in. If you want I'll send you a couple that I think would be good to paint. I know you were interested in the Crowsnest Lake one...if you remember any others let me know.
Wow Tanis!! You have such a great talent! I have always been envious of people like you who can paint, draw, etc. I am lucky to pull off a successful stick man. Haha! Great job!!
Beautiful! Wish I could see it BIGGER and in person. ;)
Post a Comment