
The snow has officially all melted from the past couple of late spring snow storms. Buds are appearing on our trees and our deep freeze is officially full of Freezies. We are ready for spring.

(Please excuse the bowls and crumbs on the table. The bowls are from breakfast, the crumbs from lunch. I know it is easier to clean as you go, but these days I tend to let messes pile up. Usually about 10 minutes before John is expected home from work I get up and attempt to whip things into shape.) Hey it's how we roll these days!
More then any other photo this one brings me pure Joy! This is a pile of some of our seeds we will be planting. We actually planned to plant today but darn the rain! I love the rain. Love how it smells, how it sounds...but not on a day when I want to plant my garden. That's alright- we are ready and waiting.


Today was a very productive Saturday for us. Some of our accomplishments:
* Abby attended our ward primary party at the Bishops house. Breakfast and Scripture Study. Sam and I skipped. oops.
* I raked our entire lawn. It's a big lawn.
* John planted two apple trees! YEAH!!!!
* John cut down and demolished two more trees from our property to make room for the two pear trees we will purchase next week.
* I planted all of my bedding out plants.
* Tended to our 45 new strawberry plants.
* Purchased to hanging flower baskets that are now hanging from our awning. I think it makes our home look like a place where 80 year old people live. I love it!
* I cleaned the house from top to bottom for the first time since January practically!
* John set up our Trampoline after it's long winter hibernation in the garage.
It felt SO good to get so much done, and it was such a treat to get my hands into dirt again. I felt so great being outside working.
Next week: GARDEN GARDEN GARDEN!!!!
Happy Mothers Day to all the wonderful Mothers that we know! I have such an appreciation for the influence that my own mother had on me. I only knew her for 5 years but that was enough time to be blessed by her goodness. I hope to one day be the kind of person that she was!
4 comments:
I love this post! It sounds like you are feeling better - and John playing with food is fantastic!! I never would have guessed that about him!
Tan, that is awesome! Remember the time you said you never wanted to garden again? Apparently, gardening is like pregnancy...you forget all the things that make you sick and just keep repeating the process...haha, I'm so funny. Anyways, miss you guys and happy mother's day! I really do admire and appreciate your example as a mother! Love ya!
luci
Looking good Sam!
And who doesn't like to make a towering mashed potatoes volcano. I usually make, I mean MADE mine with butter so the inevitable lava flow would be a nice liquid hot magma color.
I haven't had one for decades but can still feel the texture of the shredded plastic in my mouth as I tried to suck out the very last drop of purple sugar water. Nothing says summer like a Mr. Freeze.
Oh, and good luck with the garden and Happpy Mother's Day too!
wow.. you were busy this weekend!
And might I add, you're much taller in real life! ;)
Post a Comment