Sunday, June 21, 2009

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? ...

Father's Day came and went so fast this year! You know, sometimes it bothers me a little bit that Mother's Day seems to be celebrated with more vigor then Father's Day. (vigor?) How about ...Enthusiasm? Zest?


I had every intention of going overboard this holiday and really making Father's day Great! Yet despite all of my plans to pamper John yesterday with things like breakfast in bed, a huge steak dinner, and presents galore, I didn't quite achieve much of that.



I did luckily manage to get John one gift despite the "busi-ness" of the week.






I thought long and hard, because I wanted to find the perfect thing for him. That gift that would tell him just how much he means to me. That gift that would tell him how grateful I am for all that he does for me and the kids, for how "hands on" he is here at home. I wanted to celebrate his "awesomeness" with the perfect thing.






That's right.


All my love and admiration - in the form of a big yellow Shop Vac.


I don't know. I guess we just really needed one.


Abby burst into tears when John unwrapped it and she realized that it REALLY was a vacuum inside. She said it was the worst present ever!



John seemed way more enthused though. He said, "This is the first Father's Day ever that I got a gift that really SUCKED!" (badda boom!!)



I think he liked it


If not- well my sister Jewel made us a killer steak dinner!






HOPE YOU WONDERFUL MEN HAD A GREAT FATHER'S DAY!

5 comments:

Jewel said...

Oh poor Abby. Maybe it's just a girl thing, but usually when I think of what to buy, I think "cumulatively"....like, what is best for all of us!!! he he. (no doubt Abby is catching on young.. and though a shop vac is still pretty decent, don't you think John would have really been able to use a new slip 'n slide for the yard???). It was great to see you guys!!! I think 5 1/2 kids looks great on you guys!!! But only if they are all under the age of 6!!!!!! You are amazing to have had such a house full. You are so awesome and made that look way to easy....(just so you know, I'm going to plan a trip!!!!! Beasides, I think my kids would prefer to live at your house anyway, so it's a win win!!!!)

Debbi said...

HA, the gift that really 'sucks'. That's funny.

I almost went to Waterton yesterday too! I coulda seen you there.

Melissa said...

Haha!! In our family, we would definitely call that a "dad joke"!! The kind of joke that dad comes up with and laughs at himself for being so witty! Too cute that Abby started crying.

Heather said...

Oh my She is so funny! I hope he likes his present that sucks!

Laura Leavitt said...

that is awesome. Darren would love one of those. Abby is hilarious.