Tuesday, November 24, 2009

In Keeping with Tradition

Here is an interesting fact about our marriage. Every time we have had a baby we have also moved shortly after. With Abby, we moved two weeks after she was born. Sam- we moved 10 days after he was born. Jessica- a blessed 6 weeks after. John has always joked about this, and I think he feels it is actually efficient planning on his part to get the two major stresses (baby and move) out of the way simultaneously or something.

Me- I think it is a form of spousal abuse. The things he puts me through, I'll tell ya.

I guess it shouldn't have surprised me, when a week ago we signed the paper work and made it official. We are moving.

Again.

This will mark our TWELVE move in EIGHT years of marriage! What's our problem anyways? Do we get bored too easy? Commitment issues perhaps? Nomadic by nature?

We are REALLY excited about this move, as it means more S-P-A-C-E! Something we ALL are craving right now. I suppose I could just chalk it up to the weather, but my kids seem to be wicked cranky lately. They argue...a lot, they are pouty and whiney, and then to make matters worse, they have this awful MOM who yells at them to "Stop Screaming, cause they're GONNA WAKE THE BABY!!!!"

That's usually when John starts humming "Love at Home" or something really aggravating like that. :)

Space.

It will be so nice.





It's in a great neighborhood. Closer to my sister. Closer to the schools. Sadly, I won't be able to have a garden here. So you can look forward to future posts from me sans obnoxious garden bragging. I also will Really miss the ward we live in now. I don't think we could ever easily find a better group of people as who we have been able to associate with for the past few years. It makes me sad to consider leaving all my friends. I don't make friends easy, and I'm generally pretty lousy at maintaining friendships. So even though we are only moving across town, I worry that it will be hard to maintain a lot of those ties. But change is good right?

...right?

We just need to make it through this week. Lots to do in the next 6 days.

Wish us luck!

12 comments:

shauna said...

SIX days! Good luck! I would offer to come help but we are coming to town in 10 days! Yeesh! Whereabouts is that house? I don't recognize it. Did you sell your other place?

Laura Leavitt said...

your new house looks AWESOME. How exciting. Moving is hard. The move to California was our 12 move and it almost killed me. Now I love it...but the move part is hard. It will be so worth it for the space. We have so much space now and I LOVE it. It makes a huge difference. Enjoy!

CHEMTD said...

That's really exciting Tan. We can wait for the housewarming party!

- C

Lorin said...

Congratulations on the new house! It looks awesome! If you need any help moving just give me a call. My number is 555-1234.

No seriously though. I'd be glad to help.

Melissa said...

Wow, congrats you guys! What a beautiful looking home. You must be excited for something larger and I hope everything goes well.

I hear you all too well with the whiney kid syndrome....I am getting tired of it.

Good luck with everything.

Jacky said...

Good luck Tanis! I hope all goes well with the preparations and for the big day.

Jordan and Luci said...

Thanks for nothing..."I'm moving closer to my sister." Oh I see how it is...I guess it's good that we are moving:)

Tanis, said...

oh luci. You are my sister:)!!!

Dick Family said...

Wow Tanis! That's awesome! That place looks amazing!!! Can't wait to see more of it! What a fun experience!

Anonymous said...

Tanis, I need to find out where you live so I can finally get your baby gift dropped off to you! Your little guy will be full grown before I finally get it delivered! Did you still move this weekend?? What crazy weather it has been -- hope things are going well for you!

shauna said...

We finally found your house driving around Cardston. Betsy Atwood gave me the hints I needed to find it! However, because we were on our way to the temple, and by the time we got out the blizzard was starting, we didn't come say hello and help unpack some boxes. We are coming for almost a week at Christmas, will you be up for company?

shauna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.