Wednesday, January 20, 2010

There's no escaping it.

I don't know why, but for some reason I thought that when we moved, it would be a fresh start.   We were leaving our trailor and graduating, to a "real" home.   You know, one without tail lights attached to it.  It was kind of exciting to anticapate a new neighborhood, and associations with people who didn't yet know me.     I had hoped this move woudl mark the beginning of a new cooler,  more classy, smarter me. 

The past couple of weeks have provided me with a few humbling moments that contradict my hopeful assumptions. 

Like the time I looked down in the middle of sacrament meeting, in our new ward, and noticed that a couple of buttons on my shirt were not buttoned up correctly!  ...or...um.. at all.  (Oh the joys of having a nursing baby.)   I still worry about how long I went walking around like that.

That was me being classy.

Or the time when I was running some errands and paused to really notice the sunglasses I bought a few weeks earlier.  Only then did I realize that the logo on the lens was not really a logo at all.  It was a sticker that says 'UV protection', and it's supposed to be removed!  Again- how long had I been walking around like this?

That would be me being cool.

Or like today, when I spent all morning looking for our only cordless phone, only to finally find it in the washing machine.  Cleaner then ever-but dead as a doornail.

And that would be me being smart.


On a better note - I made this chicken salad for dinner last night and it was delicous.  We added some garden peas which, in my opinion, really perfected it.   It is a great way to use up leftover chicken or turkey and the recipe makes lots - giving you a scrumptious lunch the next day.  Really you should make it. 

Not making this dish, would be...well... not very smart. 
And I know ALL about that!



1 comment:

shauna said...

You make me laugh...all the time! I LOVE your blog.

I have been checking out some of the recipes on that blog and...Wow! They all look good! I am making the Oatmeal Pankcake mix tonight to try for breakfast tomorrow.