Monday, May 10, 2010

Highlights from Last week.

I snapped this photo during Family Home Evening tonight. Not only does it perfectly depict my chidren's current level of reverence (or lack thereof) during a typical FHE lesson,   but this picture also serves as bonafide proof that our baby can now SIT UP all on his very own!
And he's more than a little proud of himself.    He just sits and watches all of us as he plays with any toy the kids are willing to throw at him.  All the while,  grinning from ear to ear, of course.   He's such a happy little thing.





This past weekend John purchased two new pear trees that are now happily sitting in the backyard.
 We had to leave our pear trees behind when we moved, and leaving our pear and apple trees was one of the saddest parts about moving to us.   We both knew that it was just a matter of time before we planted some here.
Let's hope they produce something down the road.
If not- well ...THEY'd BETTER.




On Saturday morning Jessica and I got up early and drove out to Waterton.
We drove all the way up to Red Rock, and Jessica watched for animals the entire way. Sweet thing, she really was trying to identify all that she saw.

The problem was there were so many animals out, she could barely find one animal before we were already watching something different.
Of course, you can see the geese in the foreground. Take note though, of the Elk swimming across the Lake. Animals were EVERYWHERE. Coyotes, Sheep, Elk, Deer, an Eagle!   It is always a beautiful sight to me to see different animals interact together.



While we were out there, we enjoyed the most perfectly still morning ever.   Barely even a breeze!
I tried to capture the stillness in a few reflection shots, though I admit, it is a fairly "wintery" scene.    Not really what I want to be taking pictures of this time of year.

I have a feeling Spring is on it's way.

Fingers Crossed!

6 comments:

Gayla Woolf Holt said...

Tanis, your pictures are amazing. I have never heard or seen of so many animals out together at one time. Lucky you guys!! And yes your reverent kids in FHE are very normal and typical. Loved the trees! Yeah!

CHEMTD said...

Tanis,
I love that reflection picture. That could literally be a postcard.
We should have come down last week, I can't believe how big Nate is getting!

- C

Russell and Johanna Anderson said...

Your FHE looks great. Hey it matters that your having it. It's all good! Love your pictures...I hope your entering them into competions and things.

Jewel said...

That reflection picture is STUNNING!! Love it! I'm still waiting for a spring/summer-ish picture of the Temple! No pressure, but I'm willing to watch your kids while you go take it! Oh, and sweet that you took little Jess with you on your photo session. Did you make sure you drove past "her" waterfall?

Melissa said...

I love that last picture....so beautiful.

Rach said...

That is a freaking RAD picture Tan!!! Loved your kids having breakfast in bed...what scammers!!! hahaha. Miss you guys so much!! Love ya!