A couple of days ago I went up to the south hill in town to get a picture of the temple. I couldn't see these windmills with the naked eye, but the lens picked them up without a problem. I'm not sure if these are the windmills close to Fort Macleod or the ones closer to Pincher Creek. (John says Fort Macleod so we'd better just go with that as he is always right.)

Of course, the downside to this lens is that it requires manual focusing -something that I have yet to figure out - as you can see. That blasted tree in the front is so blurry, it completely ruins the picture.
So I tried again tonight and got this shot.

Again with the blur! I think it is the same darn tree, in my way every time. Considering how long it is taking me to figure out this whole manual focus thing- it'd be easier if I just cut down that stinking tree and eliminate it entirely.
But don't worry - I won't.
5 comments:
That is seriously COOL!!! I want the evening picture of this to blow up!!! Especially for in Dane's room. He frieks out when he see's those things on the way to Lethbridge!!! Amazing work Tanis. Who cares about the tree!
VERY nice! Love it -- And I am totally craving a new camera that has some ZOOM ZOOM! Keep up the fabulous work!
FUN! Those pictures are seriously wicked!!! The tree in the front adds texture...AWESOME shots!
It’s not as much your focus that is the issue here as it is the depth of field. You probably already know this but, you can control the depth of field or depth of “focus” by stopping down your aperture. Set your aperture to the smallest setting and focus on the Temple. Depending on how close the tree is you should be able to at least get it more “in focus.”
Search for “hyper focal distance”
Rich Gilmour (Desiree’s husband)
Very cool!
Post a Comment