Earlier in the week we drove out to Waterton and let the kids play at the new splash park before having a wiener roast at our favorite spot out there. Once we were all full and fat off of hot dogs and s'mores we drove up to Cameron to fish. It could not have been more perfect. The Sun was beginning to set, there was NO wind, and the fish were jumping. And Biting! John took Abby and Sam out a little ways and they caught 7 in under an hour! I was fishing from the dock and enjoyed hearing their little squeals of excitement drift across the lake with every catch. Sam actually got his VERY own fish this time (not grandpa again thankfully), and he was more then a little pleased with himself.
I don't think Cameron is often this still. We've been so lucky to get the nice days each time we've gone this summer. As much as I like to fish, I also don't mind hanging back on the shore while John and the kids go out on the lake. It gives me some quiet moments to enjoy the scenery!
As we drove down towards the town site the sun was setting. I think everyone should experience Waterton as the sun goes down. The atmosphere is so calm and soothing!
That night was definitely one of our family favorites, and the kids were over the moon excited this afternoon to sit down for Sunday dinner and find that we were eating the very fish they'd caught last week! Yummm!
On Friday we headed south this time to Glacier. (I really love that we live pretty well halfway between Waterton AND Glacier) We brought Grandpa with us this time and enjoyed a small hike with him. Hiking with Grandpa is a lot of fun. He points things out to us that we normally would not likely notice. The kids (and ok me too) have learned lots of names of various flowers, and have discovered berries we'd never noticed before.
Jessica was the resident Huckleberry Queen, stopping every few minutes to fill her hands with them.
Wild strawberries were another tasty little find!
I love this picture of John and Nate. He is always so willing to carry Nate. And the water. And all supplies.
But I carry the camera- so that is helpful.
This is perhaps my favorite picture of this week. Nate's smile makes me happy and reassures me that he might actually be content with all this hiking business! What a trooper!
Again a lovely evening!
After having a quick picnic the kids were itching to do some fishing again. I actually took a turn with them out on the lake and caught THREE of the four fish! Yeah for me;) That only made Abby mad
at me though because SHE is supposed to be the "fisher." She actually had the nerve to ask that I go back to shore and let DAD fish with her, because he is apparently "way more fun."
So I caught another fish ...just for her;)
Nothing like a little bit of family bonding time eh!








3 comments:
Cute post Tan. Good that you showed Abby who was boss! So funny. I'm serious though, next time you take out the Sea Hawk... call us. My kids would DIE to finally catch their own fish! Great posts lately. Loved your pictures from Crypt. Like LOVED them. I see a prize for that contest comm'in your way!
Oh, and I LOVE your new family picture at the top. Seriously adorable (please take us out so I can have a sweet family picture too!!!)
You seem to have been very lucky with the weather for sure. Seeing your photos makes me want to visit all the same places.
Post a Comment