Wow what a busy couple of weeks it has been! John has been swamped as usual, but we took great comfort this week in knowing that we are officially half way through the volleyball season! Even better - we are now enjoying a beautiful long weekend, thanks to the Thanksgiving Holiday!! We plan to enjoy it by doing absolute nothing.at.all. As in, Not a thing!
This past week, we stumbled across a most amazing and handy invention. Some how we discovered that we can literally control SAM by using a small wireless, (albeit imaginary) remote control. We call it the "Sam remote", and It's Fantastic! All we do is point this invisible contraption at Sam and state our wish, and he obeys perfectly. Of course, Sam's motivation to comply with these orders is based entirely on that fact that we are having fun at his expense and that all eyes are exactly where he wants them to be. On him. What can I say? He likes to make people laugh! Abby's favorite button is Rewind, which she always seems to use whenever Sam wipes out or does something silly that she'd like to see repeated. Fast Forward is wonderful as it makes Sam work much quicker at any given task then he normally would have. But personally, my favorite button on this Sam Remote- has been the MUTE button. Sam just walks around mouthing words without ever really speaking them! Needless to say, we have been enjoying a new level of peace and quiet around here. And I am thankful for that!
This week I won a prize for the first time, in ...well, probably my whole life! Alright, so technically I didn't really win. In reality... I LOST. (but that's not how I'm choosing to look at it right now.) On Thursday I received word that a photo I had taken titled "Exiting the Cave" had won honorable mention in a photo contest. I was excited that this particular picture was recognized, as I took it while hiking Crypt back in July. Not only was that day one of my favorite days ever spent with John, but it was also the last day that I got to live without arthritis. I tell ya, Ignorance really is bliss. But now look at me! Sittin' pretty with a $50 gift card to enjoy at Vimy's. I can be Thankful for that!
A couple of weeks ago, my sister watched the kids for me so that I could go on my annual fall drive. The leaves in Waterton were STUNNING and I remember feeling so rejuvenated and positively grateful for the beautiful life that surrounds me. I definitely feel Thankful to get to live where we do!
Though, I might pause from our current state of nothingness, to reflect occasionally on how truly blessed my family and I get to be.
************
This past week, we stumbled across a most amazing and handy invention. Some how we discovered that we can literally control SAM by using a small wireless, (albeit imaginary) remote control. We call it the "Sam remote", and It's Fantastic! All we do is point this invisible contraption at Sam and state our wish, and he obeys perfectly. Of course, Sam's motivation to comply with these orders is based entirely on that fact that we are having fun at his expense and that all eyes are exactly where he wants them to be. On him. What can I say? He likes to make people laugh! Abby's favorite button is Rewind, which she always seems to use whenever Sam wipes out or does something silly that she'd like to see repeated. Fast Forward is wonderful as it makes Sam work much quicker at any given task then he normally would have. But personally, my favorite button on this Sam Remote- has been the MUTE button. Sam just walks around mouthing words without ever really speaking them! Needless to say, we have been enjoying a new level of peace and quiet around here. And I am thankful for that!
This week I won a prize for the first time, in ...well, probably my whole life! Alright, so technically I didn't really win. In reality... I LOST. (but that's not how I'm choosing to look at it right now.) On Thursday I received word that a photo I had taken titled "Exiting the Cave" had won honorable mention in a photo contest. I was excited that this particular picture was recognized, as I took it while hiking Crypt back in July. Not only was that day one of my favorite days ever spent with John, but it was also the last day that I got to live without arthritis. I tell ya, Ignorance really is bliss. But now look at me! Sittin' pretty with a $50 gift card to enjoy at Vimy's. I can be Thankful for that!
A couple of weeks ago, my sister watched the kids for me so that I could go on my annual fall drive. The leaves in Waterton were STUNNING and I remember feeling so rejuvenated and positively grateful for the beautiful life that surrounds me. I definitely feel Thankful to get to live where we do!


And as if I've not mentioned Waterton enough in this weekly post, I thought I'd share some photos and footage from our drive out there a few days ago. This time of year the Elk come down low and gather in a large field as you enter Waterton. It is always a highlight for us to go out and watch these animals.
There is something about watching Wildlife in their own natural habitat that is very breathtaking, made that much better when surrounded by my cherished husband and kids (and one cute neighbor) while snacking on milk and cookies. I'm always Very Thankful for evenings like that!
Well, It`s official. I don't think John and I could be any more blessed then we are. We feel so fortunate to have the wonderful families that we do. Lately it has become so apparent to me that not only do we get to have the most amazing families, but we also happen to live among and associate on a daily basis with some of the best most kindest people ever! I don't know how we got to be so lucky in life, but I Thank God for that every single day!
To all of you that we know and love, from our Family to yours...
Happy Thanksgiving!!!
~A quick clip of the Elk for you to enjoy~


7 comments:
Congratulations Tanis! I looked at all the winning photos and yours is easily the coolest.
Really like your new blog header too!
Hello Tanis. I would like to introduce myself. My name is Luci Hardy and I used to live down the street from you. Anyways, I wanted to congratulate you on your photo...that is freaking awesome! I also wanted to wish you a Happy Canadian Thanksgiving. We hope you have a good one! (Eat some extra stuffing for me please, but only if it is Mayor Max's.)
Hey Thanks Lorin!
Luci!
First year in my entire marriage to John that we did not enjoy Mayor max's Stuffing. I tell ya- this year is officially a bust!
Tanis...I want to know where you picked up your Sam Remote. I need to get one programmed for Rafe.
Congratulations on your honorable mention...I loved that photo you submitted.
Happy Thanksgiving!
You should be so proud of your honorable mention. I'm still waiting for copies to enlarge in my house! (I love that one on top of your piano...but this new shot you posted here from Cameron Falls is pretty awesome too!).
Oh, and I love the story of the Sam remote!!! I wonder if it will work on Brookies??
That's too funny about the remote!!! haha! Whatever works I say! Congratulations on your photo - that's awesome!!! Keep up the good work! I love your fall pictures, it's sooo pretty down there!
Post a Comment