Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Makings of a Cozy Night - Part I

I made the mistake of telling my kids a few weeks back that Uncle Chad let's his kids  sleep under the Christmas tree.  Well ever since then my little ones have been begging me to let them do the same. 
Now that there is not a "School Night" in sight the kids have happily taken residence in our front room.    I have to admit-it did make for a delightful Christmasy night as they snuggled in under their blankets and listened happily while I began our annual reading of "A Christmas Carol."  

And an added bonus:   During the day -  this queen size mattress serves as a crash mat for Sam as he practices his flips off our couch.     I don't know.  This mattress may be here to stay;)

3 comments:

shauna said...

That looks so fun. I wonder if they get to sleep there on Christmas Eve though? We always wanted to sleep under the Christmas tree and we were told Santa wouldn't come unless we were in our room. It made sneaking out to see the tree a lot more fun though.

Dick Family said...

Cute! We promised the kids they could do that once...so Wednesday is "the night" and they are super excited about it!

Matt and Amie said...

What a fun idea! I'll have to remember that (When we get a tree of course) :) Also....your Christmas card is in the mail and should be getting to you any day now! :)