Saturday, February 26, 2011

Family Week

I just LOVE being married to a school teacher, and there is nothing better then having a week off from the normal school routine.   Have I mentioned that before?   Ok, technically we didn't have a week off as John had day long meetings on Thursday and Friday, and our weekend was actually pretty busy.    The first half of the week though?   

Beautiful! 

Here are a few fun things from the perspective of my camera.   

1.   It was a week of board games around here.    Clue was a favorite of all of ours, especially Abby.   She's not the most graceful winner-but she is a darn good cheater! ;)
2.   To Abby's credit- she has worked so hard all year long to memorize all 13 articles of faith.   As an incentive I told Abby that her and I could have a race to see who could memorize them the best.   Winner would win a date with Dad.  (of course!)   Well, Monday night was our big face off, and Abby and I both presented all 13 verses to our trusty panel of judges.    In the end Abby won, and I am out a date with Dad.   Drat!
3.   Abby is now sporting a lovely pair of "aquamarine" studs in her newly pierced ears!  (Is Abby sounding a little bit spoiled here?)    Years ago I told Abby that she could pierce her ears when she is eight.    At the time I was just trying to stall and delay something that I didn't want to do.   It never actually occurred to me that she would one day reach that age and actually hold me to it!
4.   On Family day (Monday) we took the kids down to the high school for a couple of hours.  One of the teachers there is farming trout and the kids went to watch the thousands of little babies swim around. Really though- John just wanted to fly his remote planes with Sam on a real Big Screen.  
5.   Nate has been so communicative lately.   It's cute to watch him try to tell us what he's thinking.   With one demanding point he can pretty much get us to hand over anything he wants.   He loves to play with cameras, and I have a couple cheap broken ones that we often let him play with.   Apparently he got a hold of the real thing this week though and I found dozens of odd photos of him at very close range.    This one is actually my favorite.   Those eyelashes!!!!

That's it from our next of the woods.  
Happy Sunday!!!

5 comments:

Dick Family said...

Wow, fun week! I can't believe that Abby is already 8...WOW!

Jewel said...

What??!! Abby got her ears pierced? When did that happen? Now we will have to go get her a new birthday present to go along with this momentous occasion!!! Looks good Abby!!! (I hope she didn't have to have one re done like Ava did!)

Nice work on the 13 articles of faith Abby. I don't know many children you have memorized them all BEFORE they are even baptized. Usually it's by the time they are 12 and LEAVE the Faith in God program! You rock Abby!!!!!!

Twyla said...

Tanis... I did the same thing with my girls. I never realized that the age of 8 would come so fast. I was wishing i had been quicker on my feet and said age 12. You have just inspired me to learn the Articles of faith, i will challenge both my girls to it. Thanks for the idea. You family is so cute. I love Nates eyelashes. I sure hope John has smashed his plane into any disabled ladies lately. hehehe It was such a great first impression, one i will never forget! Every time you mention his planes...that is what comes to mind!
Take Care

Tanis, said...

Ha Twyla! We sometimes laugh about that time. That poor woman was so understanding wasn't she? ;)

CHEMTD said...

Oh no, Ella is going to be so jealous! Way to go on the Articles of Faith! You guys are awesome!

- H