Friday, March 11, 2011

I'm not one to complain (ok maybe I am), but I think it is worth pointing out that this has been the first year since John started teaching that we have not had a "SNOW DAY" at some point.    The last couple of years, we had already enjoyed two or even three snow days by the time March came around.    This next week is supposed to be absolutely gorgeous, and it's a pretty safe bet that we won't be seeing any snow days in the near future.   In fact, with Spring approaching-  I feel all hope of a glorious unexpected day off slipping further and further away.  

Sometimes it is just not easy being married to a school teacher, I tell ya.    
I mean- having to wait until APRIL for the next week long break?    Can you imagine?  

Sigh......

In the mean time- I guess I'll just dream of lazy summer days without schedule, and do my best to remember that they are definitely worth the wait.

(photo taken last spring by Haley Brooks)

3 comments:

Dick Family said...

We've had our share...but Daniel still has to go to school even when it's a snow day...so I think they are over-rated now! haha! I can't wait until Spring/Summer/Warmer weather!

PS - awesome picture!

Jordan and Luci said...

Um, I'm pretty sure you have me to thank for that--you know with my moving away and all. You're welcome. And I don't feel sorry for you seeing how John gets two months out of the year off. No, I don't feel sorry at all.

shauna said...

Love the picure. It looks so idyllic.

Last week we had whiteout conditions on Monday to the point where I feared for Terry's life on his way home from work. The afternoon kindergarten bus on Monday was involved in an 8 car pileup on that small stretch of highway that I took you on last spring from the lower part to the upper part of town. Things weren't much better on Tuesday and the kids were still in school here. It's one tough school district.