Sunday, December 4, 2011

ADVENTurous times


I've never been good with the whole 'Christmas Advent Calendar' thing, but last year a friend of mine (thanks Shauna;) made the cutest little advent cards and pockets and I loved them.   I've been waiting ALL year to finally get a chance to put them up;)    

The only problem is- they came BLANK!    (darn you Shauna;)   I'm sure she intended to leave them blank for me to fill out with the seasonal activities of my own choosing- but  that would take some creativity on my part.  And that is something of which I am sadly without;)    

So far, we have gone to the Library in search of Christmas books, visited a Christmas art display, Met Santa, AND on a particularly desperate day (day 1;) I hauled in a Rubbermaid full of snow into the kitchen so the kids could build snow pals indoors!   
The only problem with this whole thing is that I am now fresh out of ideas!    Though the kids don't know it- all these cute little cards are currently sitting empty waiting for me to fill them with all kinds of cute activities.   Sadly though- the well is dry;) and I'm pretty much scraping the barrel now to think up something fast each day.

3 comments:

shauna said...

Tanis! I'm so glad you love your advent calendar (sorry it was blank!)...our list in on my blog from last year if you want to go looking. Your calendar turned out so much cuter than mine...I think I have to make mine over.

I love the Michael Buble album...I've never heard of the other two. Going to have to preview them this week. Thanks for the head's up on them.

shauna said...

Oops...I may have lied about the list being there. I can't find it myself so I can hardly expect you to. Here's our list...
Write letters to missionaries in our family or ward
Make Christmas cards for someone special
Donate food to the food bank
Watch the Christmas devotional
Bake and decorate cookies
Collect toys you don't want and donate them
Make a Christmas craft
Dance and sing to Christmas music
Shop for a "toys for tots" gift
Do a secret act of service
Look at Christmas pictures from previous years
Write a letter to Santa Claus
Build a gingerbread house
Go for an evening walk if the weather is nice
Make and hang some edible ornaments for squirrels and birds
Take pictures by the Christmas tree
Sing some carols together as a family
Make a new recipe for supper and eat it together
Dress up to tell the nativity story
Deliver treats to neighbours and friends
Visit with someone special today
Tell someone you love them
Make hot chocolate and watch a movie together
Have a snowball fight

Tanis, John and Family said...

Hah! This is your husband typing, and all I can say is prepare for the repercussion!! For starters, your Swiss bank account has just been frozen...