Sunday, October 20, 2013

Wedding

I have an amazing family.  

That's just simply all there is to it.   
I know others think they have an amazing family, but I am convinced- none are as great as mine:)

This past week we were lucky enough to have some this oh so awesome family come and visit as our cousin (Kaleena) was getting married.     Kaleena is a pretty amazing girl, who has lost both of her parents at a young age.   The wedding and the days that surrounded it were full of reminiscing, missing those who couldn't be with us, and enjoying the company of all those who could;)  

On Tuesday, I received noticed (via email) that there was a "Mandatory Family Meeting. At 1:00 sharp.   At Cameron Falls."   All were expected to attend.

I really like those kind of meetings;)
(This isn't even half of the Toone Cousins.   Such a fun group!!!)


The wedding ceremony was in the middle of the day, on a Wednesday afternoon.    
It was so great to be in the temple with all of these people.    They have meant so much to me, and are a great connecting force for me to my own Mother.    

When we weren't attending the wedding or preparing for the wedding - we hung out at my sister Jewel's house.   Snacking on food, catching up, and playing fabulous games of "Mafia" as only Toones know how to.    For two nights in a row, we forgot about routine (and school the next day!) and stayed up way too late!   

Like I said, I have an amazing family.   It's the type of family you can visit with for THREE days, and still feel like it wasn't nearly enough time!

Oh, and I have to thank the best big brother in the world who stood in the rain/sleet for an hour fixing my flattened tire, so that I could get to the family dinner!   (as if there wasn't enough going on already;)


See?   Family is the very bestest!!!



1 comment:

Jordan and Luci said...

So fun Tan! Love your cousins dress. Oh and I love the pics you have taken of the temple too...when are you going to do another giveaway?!?! I want to win!