Friday, February 20, 2015

Year end Tourney!

Basketball began last month for Abby.   She got o play on a Grade 6 league and this gave her her first real opportunity to be on a team.   I am CONVINCED that this is where the real growth starts.  There is something about playing on a team that helps solidify the love for the sport.   Abby, in the past, has been a little wishy washy about all things athletic, and John and I have certainly not wanted to push her.  It was so refreshing to watch her the past couple of months really develop some new skills and as a result - her confidence and interest in basketball has intensified as well!

John was asked to fill in and coach her team during the season end tournament.   It was fun to watch the two of them together.   Abby loved having John around, and he always puts is heart into any team he coaches.    I was a proud momma sitting on the sideline watching!
  
She's definitely got the height going for her, but like I said, John and I haven't really pushed basketball on her in the past, and so she's a little bit behind some of the others her age.  It will be interesting to see how things unfold as Abby gets older.    If she really takes this and goes with it, or not.    John and I both agree though that we'll be happy so long as she just finds something to put her heart and effort into.    Besides watching old episodes of Studio C,  that is! ;)

No comments: