Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Finally official!

For months (maybe even the entire past year?) I've been talking to Abby as though she were already 12.   When she'd get upset at her siblings, I'd chastise her a little and remind her that "she was the one who was 12, not them."    When she'd start to argue with me about practicing the piano I'd tell her that she's practically 12 already!!  It's "time to stop fighting and start developing her talents!" 
 blah blah blah...      This type of logic with Abby always bothered John, for many reasons, the main one being that she just simply wasn't 12!  (He's all about accuracy at all times.  He gets equally upset when I tell people he's almost 40, because he's "not almost 40, he's 39!" ;)  

Anyways...back to Abby and the real reason for this post - She is now OFFICIALLY TWELVE!!!
Finally I can justify all of my lofty expectations for her, because she is indeed a young woman.

And she is a BEAUTIFUL young woman at that!!!

I was super proud of her last month when she completed all of her Faith in God goals!  (Just in time to graduate from Primary, but still - she did it!!)


Her actual birthday was a bit of a let down (have I mentioned that we had just moved and hosted a few days prior?  Poor girl got the short, exhausted end of the stick;) but I tried to compensate by decorating the kitchen and making her a Bacon laden supper! ;)   Her cousins Ava and Mya stopped by later that night to present her with some super special gifts!!

The Highlight for Abby though is that she is now old enough to be a part of the Young Womens Program.   She is coming to her first YW activity TONIGHT and is SO excited!   



I'm so excited for this girl and all that she is becoming!  
She's so helpful around the house,  wants to do what's right, and has just enough attitude to keep life interesting;)  

I once heard someone say, "We're not just trying to raise good children, we're trying to raise good ADULTS!"  I often reflect on that and wonder how I am doing with that charge, but when I watch Abby, I feel very content and satisfied that this is a remarkable human being.  She's filled to the brim with gifts and talents that are helping her grow into the type of adult that I know I will one day strive to be like.   


In short, I absolutely adore her!

1 comment:

Jewel said...

We love you ABBY! One of the best young women we know!!!! So excited you get to go to YW with your MOM!!! Fun times! (and she really is beautiful isn't she!!!!)