My Aunt Karen and Uncle George invited us out to their land a few weeks back for an evening of visiting and fun. I had no doubt at all that it would be a great time as I can't picture many places in this area as beautiful and lovely as the "Diamond Dipper." My Grandma Afton grew up in Beazer and I often wonder if it was right around here that she played as a girl. What a charming place this would have been to grow up!

All of their kids were home for the week as well which made the outing extra sweet! It was fun to see them all and catch up. The kids played in Lee Creek, zip lined, and Sam even did a bit of fishing! (shocker;) It was cool to watching these kids run around (some barefoot) finding all sorts of outdoorsy things to do to stay busy. Watching them reminded me once again of the importance of getting outside and away from the devices that seriously stifle everything imaginative and creative. There are some qualities in all of us that I'm convinced only come alive when we get into the great outdoors!!
I so enjoyed listening to my Uncle George as he shared all sorts of info about this area, particularly Waterton and how it was formed by Glaciers, the evidence of which is still seen today. It was cool stuff and I only wish my little brain could have remembered it all!
As the day came to an end and dusk began to set in we watched a couple of nighthawks fly above us and try to listen to the humming of their wings. It was a lovely time and a perfect break from all that had kept John and I so busy up until then.
So grateful for their invite and for the extended family in my life who I am so proud to associate with, even if only occasionally. Every visit with them gets stored up in my heart and will be treasured always!
No comments:
Post a Comment