Monday, February 27, 2017

What February brings...


February brought with it one of the snowiest months we've had in years; we even got a snow day out of it!!!  There is nothing better than being shut down due to a snow storm.   
(Coziest, most unexpected gift of time ever!)
Just before the storm hit, Jessica and I dashed out to Waterton for a lunch date and some photo taking.  Even though it was nice in town, weather had already turned fierce in the mountains.  We pretty much risked life and limb for a hot dog from Wieners of Waterton.   

All of that snow gave Nate the chance to get creative with his snowman making!

Valentines snuck up on us fast!   Abby and Sam are too cool for school these days and insist that nobody their age gives Valentines anymore, which is unfortunate because, well...how fun is all this?
Just a side note that is super duper worth remembering forever and all time - John SHOCKED me and actually remembered that it was Valentines day.  Not only that, he got me a gift and it was so perfect.  He registered us in a 17 class Massage Course!  It's been super super fun to learn!!


Jessica had a great birthday.  She's 10 now (which isn't great but apparently can't be stopped) and I can't believe what a darling 10 year old she is!   
Get this, she originally suggested not having a friend party and instead going out to Waterton with me on a date.  What kid wants to hang out with their Mom more than have a smashing Birthday Party?!!  This kid - that's who!!!  

Of course, I let her have both.   
Her and I drove out together and ate together at Vimys and then drove around town and took photos of her blowing away in the wind.   Five days later she invited five girlfriends over for supper and a movie down at the local Theatre.   I've decided that is the only kind of Birthday Party that I want to host from this point on.  It's crazy expensive but so worth the lack of effort;)   


We just finished off a week long break from work/school, yet another beautiful thing that February brings;)   I can't express how much I love it when our whole family gets to holiday together.   
We relaxed a lot, played board games, babysat cousins, fixed this house up a bit in preparation to move and even went skiing at Castle Mountain one last time.   On the warmest day of the week we ventured out to St. Mary's reservoir for our first Fossil Hunt of the year.   (As you can see, our warmest day wasn't really that warm;)
We are SO ready for SPRING!!!

No comments: