We are definitely feeling the need to soak up every last summer night.
John and I head back to work this week and the kids all start attending early next week.
Why????!!!!!!
One evening last week we drove out to Payne lake for a bit of fishing/paddle boarding.
I read a book while the kids played.

We stayed out until the very last minute possible.
It was so calm. So perfect.

It wasn't until we had gotten home that I noticed I was missing the cash I'd had in my pocket. If it were just a small amount, I would not have been too bothered, but it was a hundred dollar bill I was missing and I just knew it could only have fallen out while at Payne.
So...at 11:00 at night John and I decided to drive back out in hopes of finding it.
This was incredibly frustrating. It was dark. We weren't certain the money would even be there.
We were so tired!
While we drove out, John reassured me that this could have happened to anyone and we got some alone time to talk. It was so nice to just talk. We've never been out at the lake that late at night before, it was so cool! The black water looked so perfectly still and eerie, the campers had all gone to bed and without town lights, we couldn't help but notice how full of stars the sky actually was.
We stood on the dock for a while and stared. And listened.
We weren't staring at anything particular, and we were listening to the sound of absolutely nothing but it felt as though there was so much to take in! Is that weird?
We got back in the van and headed for home feeling particularly grateful for the turn of events that gave us that late-night visit out to the lake.
Oh yeah...we totally found the cash we'd thought we needed.
~Turns out - that really wasn't the valuable part of the drive out at all~
No comments:
Post a Comment