Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Elk Watching - an annual tradition

Every year since moving here, and I do mean every year, we have gone to watch the elk in Waterton.  It is my absolute favorite time of the year.   It is a busy time of year, but it is always a priority to find an evening to enjoy the autumn colors and watch these fascinating animals.  

They always gather as the sun goes down, in the field just below Vimy.
We cheer for the bulls as they fight for their herd, we listen to the eerie bugling and we watch the sun go down.  


This year it was only Jess, Nate and I who were able to go out to Waterton and I am not sure how I feel about that little change in our tradition, but I will take what I can get.  

Here's to crisp, cool, autumn evenings. 

No comments: