With COVID keeping us inside for much of the week, John and I resolved to find a new neck of the southern Alberta woods to enjoy. A friend from work recommended a hike near Pincher Creek and I am sure glad we took her advice.
After a very, very inactive February- April (literally spent in a recliner) I wasn't sure if I would be able to physically do a hike, but this 8km round trip stroll along an old service road proved to be the perfect length and level of difficulty to keep everyone in my family happy.
I think this mountain chickadee just may have been the CUTEST thing I'd seen all week. It was SO small, but its song could be heard from quite a ways off.

I honestly think my kids get along better once we get them out of the house, away from phones, and back into the fresh air. Go figure!

This was titled the North Drywood falls because after an hour and a half of walking, this is where you end up - at the beautiful North Drywood falls!
Of course, John and the kids had to pull over for a bit and try fishing at the nearby Butcher Lake.
Unfortunately by the time we finished the hike, a cold rain had started to fall reminding us that none of us were prepared for changing mountain weather. How have we not learned this lesson yet?!
They all fished with socks on their hands until they could stand the cold any more.

We drove home with the heater blasting, had warm soup for supper, and took naps that were much longer than they should have been.
This first hike of the season sure tuckered us all out, but it was a lovely one to enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment