Sam has grown tired of my constant need for family photos.
I don't entirely understand what the big deal is, but he asks a lot of "whys" whenever I announce it is picture day.
Why do I have to be in it?
Why do we have to go somewhere else to take it?
Why can't we just take it in our backyard?
Why do I have to wear something dumb?
Why do we have to do this every two months?
So many questions!
I'll be the first to admit, I am obsessed with taking family photos. It isn't a vanity thing. I wouldn't say any of us are particularly photogenic (well except John) and none of us enjoys having our picture taken.
I just feel a deep desire to document my families life in photos, that's all.
Actually, there is probably some deep-rooted reason that stems from the fact that I grew up without a Mom and have only ONE complete family photo from my childhood.
That might be why, but I don't want to burden Sam with that, so instead, I do my best to convince him that "this time around it will be more fun."
It's always a lie, and he and I both know it, but still, he comes.
This past weekend, while our family was still basking in the peaceful, sorta spiritual glow from General Conference, we whisked out to Waterton for one final attempt at a family photo and we were all hoping that perhaps, this time, we'd capture a shot that I would be happy with.
Things weren't looking good, I'm not going to lie. The girls were cooperative and John was willing (he knew better than to complain) but my boys...oh, my boys. After one shot, they just weren't having it anymore. Suddenly though, in a strange and unexpected turn of events ..SAM grabbed the camera, told me to go sit down, and took the whole matter into his own hands.
He adjusted the camera, changed lenses, directed family members, set timers, and hit click before joining us in the shots, and he did it all while being incredibly entertaining.
What the what? Did he forget that family photos are not supposed to be fun?
Look at him, going and making this an enjoyable experience for everyone! ;)
I feel satisfied.
And grateful.
And I wonder if he'd let us do this again sometime;)
No comments:
Post a Comment