Monday, January 22, 2024

A cold snap and the best sandwich ever!


The cold snap that engulfed Alberta last week, continued into Sunday. We all enjoyed a Friday off of school and on Sunday- church was cancelled too!  Dad gave the sacrament meeting talk and then I led the family in a Sunday School lesson. (1st Nephi 1-5)  It’s been a harsh and bitterly cold week, but it has been nice to circle the wagons (so to speak) and hunker down. #covidvibes


The cold snap continued this week, but this past weekend brought some warmth. It was almost magical, getting to take radar for a walk again. I could hear the sound of melting snow and little birds out in the sun.


Aren’t we lucky to have seasons?!




You guys, I did it. I finally made the most delicious sandwich ever. John said it was “restaurant good.” And…it was. Here’s what you do:


1: Toast a yummy kind of bun. Chef’s choice.

2: Spread a layer of Herb and Garlic seasoned cream cheese.

3: Place a layer of ham, a layer of pastrami, on a bun. Add pickles and a slice of tomato. 

4:Put a pile of brown sugared onions on, and place cheese on top of that. 

5: Add lettuce and your top bun. 


CHEF’S KISS!



Nate and Jessica both had basketball tournaments this weekend. Neither of them won but it's fun to watch them both work hard.

As you can see, Nate continues to make us extra proud.




We got an email from the Wolff's, who are down in Arizona. (Lucky snowbirds!) Apparently they are in YUMA and heard Sam speak in sacrament meeting. How fun to get this picture and a note about how well Sam is doing. I am just so proud of the guy!


Last Monday, he reached out (PD chat) to inquire about what he should do about a pain he had in his leg. He began to wonder if it was a blood clot again, as symptoms seemed similar to his experience a year ago. After some phone calls to our insurance company, he was advised to go in. Thankfully, he did go in, because it turned out that it was a series of blood clots in his leg.

He was immediately given blood thinners and began a course of treatment. I am just so grateful that he was able to get this taken care of. It was pricey, but I am hoping to be reimbursed by our travel insurance. And really, nothing matters more than his being safe. I keep reminding myself of that. 
I feel sorry when I think of this Factor 5 condition that will always be a part of his life, but I know and trust that he is capable of managing it safely throughout his whole life. 

I am in awe that Sam's mission call was to a place that would be able to address his need so quickly and efficiently. I am grateful that we are still in the same time zone so that we could talk together throughout that day at the hospital. I am just so thankful that Sam listened to the feelings of concern that he had.


I am so grateful to God and his loving, protective care over my family!


No comments: