Dear Sam (and girls),
Sixteen days. Sixteen! I can practically hear your suitcase zipping itself in preparation. The house is humming with the thought of you walking back through the door. In the meantime, life here has been complete, funny, and just a little chaotic. So...the usual.
First, your sisters. Jessica and Abby spent the week swimming through midterms. We’re hoping the academic universe was kind to them. They seem lighter now, almost human again, so I’m counting that as a win. 

Now, the headline: Nate. He passed his driver’s test! We had to go all the way to Magrath to get a date close to his birthday. He got 50 points taken off, but the limit was 75, so mathematically speaking, that’s triumph. I watched him climb into that car like a boy, and I swear, he climbed out looking two inches taller. Sure, Nate is still a goof, but suddenly he’s a goof with a license. He’s taking his girlfriend to Lethbridge tomorrow. Please add a prayer to your daily rotation. May he remember to yield to oncoming traffic. 
Brooke asked Nate to go to Sadie's this week and left the sweetest things in his room. Nate is responding by filling her room with hundreds of SOLO cups. Hundreds. A sea of plastic chaos.
Wedding Bliss: This weekend was a blur of travel. Nate and I drove up to Edmonton for Mason and Bethanie’s wedding. He handled most of the drive like a champ, even when I accidentally aimed us toward Banff. Eventually, the steering wheel returned to me just in time for us to hit a snowstorm near Leduc and creep our way into Edmonton at 15 km/h. It took an hour and a half to do a 15-minute stretch. But the prize at the end of the journey was Abby waiting with homemade chili. Heaven in a bowl. It felt like Grandpa and Grandma Hardy, faithfully setting out warm food no matter the hour. My heart felt full.
Saturday was a temple marriage, ring ceremony, dinner, and reception. Mason glowed the entire day. Absolutely radiant. It is a beautiful thing to see someone so clearly in love. We soaked up the city, enjoyed late-night sushi, and spent time with family. 

Today, Nate and I headed home. Got back in time for Sunday naps and a BBQ dinner with John. Radar and John spent the weekend together in serene bachelor domesticity. John even moved Radar’s sleep mat closer to him on the bed so they could keep each other company. That image will carry me for days. Tiny soft miracles everywhere. 

We are thinking of you constantly, cheering you through this second-to-last week. You have run the race with your whole heart. Keep your eyes on the Savior and your spirit steady. We’ll have you home soon, filling this house with your laugh and your stories. Though I know your heart may ache a little, we cannot wait! 

All our love,
Mom 








No comments:
Post a Comment