Tuesday, August 11, 2026

June 2026: A Little Chaos, A Little Basketball & A Brand-New Baby

June showed up with absolutely no intention of slowing down.

In fact, I’m fairly certain June looked at our calendar, saw a wedding, the end of school, a family trip, basketball, and a new baby on the horizon and thought, “Perfect. Let’s put all of that in ONE MONTH.”

And so we began.

Youth Days & Baseball ⚾

At the beginning of the month, we got to enjoy Youth Days with the 3rd Ward youth—a day of baseball, sunshine, and a whole lot of fun.



I love these kids. Truly.

There is something pretty special about spending a day with teenagers when you aren’t responsible for teaching them anything, grading anything, or reminding anyone to hand in an assignment. We just got to play baseball, laugh, and enjoy being together.


June also brought the end of school, which is always a special kind of madness. The last few weeks of school are basically a combination of excitement, exhaustion, unfinished paperwork, lost pencils, missing assignments, celebrations, and everyone collectively wondering how we possibly made it this far.

This year, though, the chaos was turned up a notch because the last week of school was sandwiched between a wedding and a family trip.  Apparently, I enjoy scheduling my life on hard mode.



Because Grade 6 is moving down to the elementary school, I will be moving UP to Grade 9.

Am I ready?

No comment.

Am I excited?

Actually...yes.

Am I hoping I become ready somewhere between now and September?

Absolutely.

I’m going to learn a lot, I suspect. And hopefully, by the time September rolls around, I’ll look like I know exactly what I’m doing.


Sam and Nate also spent the spring playing on a spring league basketball team.

And those boys had a pretty great run.

Their team knocked off a couple of groups that were supposed to be the contenders for first place, which made things interesting very quickly. They worked their way all the way into the final, where they eventually lost by just a few points. So, no championship banner for the wall—but they definitely rattled a few cages along the way and they played really well. 


the biggest news of June came when we got the message we had been waiting for:

Bella had arrived! Brooke had her baby at the end of May, and suddenly I am officially a Great-Aunt.

I LOVE this little baby.

There is something about holding a brand-new baby that makes you forget absolutely everything else happening in your life. School chaos? Gone. Wedding details? Irrelevant. Grade 9 panic? Who cares. There is a baby.

Sam, Paisley and I have already managed to get in a few precious snuggles with little Bella, and I have a feeling we are going to be finding plenty of excuses for more.



June was busy. Really busy.

But tucked in between the madness were baseball games, basketball wins, the end of one teaching chapter, the beginning of another, a beautiful wedding, and the arrival of a brand-new little person to love.

Honestly, that's a pretty good month. ❤️






 

No comments: