Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Well since my Baby left me.....

...I haven't been singing Elvis tunes, that's for sure! It's official. I am a single mom. I woke up this morning determined to make the best of things. When your handed a lemon...right?

Right after breakfast the kids and I got in the van and headed out for slurpies and a bit of shopping. So far so good. By noon though we were hurtin for things to do so we went to Wal Mart and bought a couple of kids sleeping bags and went "camping" with popcorn and a movie, of course. (We really rough it here) By 5:00 pm we were once again wondering how to pass the time. Normally at this time of day, we'd all be at the window waiting anxiously for Daddy to pull into the driveway. Not today. (For some reason knowing that John isn't coming home makes the time go by so much slower) So instead, we headed out to go kite shopping. Yes...our little pocket book took a small hit today, but it is one hour away from the kids bedtime and I actually still feel sane. All in all things went well. This whole "single parent" thing is tough. Lucky for me it's only because John is down south trying to line up a house for us. Pretty brave of me I think to leave the house hunting up to him. In only 36 hours and 45 minutes he'll be back. I know...poor me:) I can hardly wait!!
9:00 am

1:00 pm...

5:00pm...




As always Jessica is perfectly content though she no doubt misses Dad as much as the rest of us do!!!

7 comments:

Dick Family said...

Too funny! Isn't it funny how long a day can drag when there's no one coming home! Daniel's been working some pretty late nights and I always feel like that. at 5:00 you say, okay, only so long till bed time and then the next time you check the clock it's only 5:03! Hope all goes well with the house hunting!

Anonymous said...

Too fun. Hang in there Tanis. Remember you can always come out here if you are really desperate for something to do. Can't guarantee it will be as fun as your day today, but it would at least help the day go by!!! Good luck with it all!

Heather said...

good going. We just made it throug 11 days without dad. You actualy kind of get into a groove.

CHEMTD said...

I know I'm not a sister but you're always welcome here too. - C

Laura Leavitt said...

your such a good Mom. I keep meaning to tell you that Darrens sister is renting a basement suite in Cardston if you need something tempoarily. It is $600 a month. They have 4 LOUD kids that would be above you though...anyways just thougt I would pass it on.....

CHEMTD said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TANIS

Anonymous said...

Hey Tanis and John,
just had to tell you that I was looking at your blog and I thought you put a picture of Jada's baby picture in it. But it's your Jessica. They are very very similar as little babies. Pretty much all the same. Jessica looks just like Jada did in that picture. Very very cute I must say!