It's been exactly one week since we left Calgary.
On Saturday I took the kids out to Waterton for the day. I wasn't sure how an outing with three kids and no help would go but it was such a nice time. The kids loved the "magic waterfall." It was close to impossible to keep Sam from sliding under the fence to get a little closer, and equally difficult to convince Abby that it wouln't be wise to try to capture the squirrels rummaging nearby. Kids will be kids I guess. We took a nice walk over to the Tuscany and had spaghetti on the patio. It was really relaxing to sit in the shade and watch all of the tourists. A quick stop by the Big Scoop for ice cream and then we topped off the day by playing at the playground. Sam climbed up here all by himself...infact I wasn't even aware of it. (oops) Daring little guy:)) Luckily I managed to snap a picture just before he slipped through one of the rungs and skinned his knee. What we won't do for a picture eh.
Speaking of pictures...I tried to take some photos of my kids laying on our giant parachute. I thought all of the bright colors would be a cute backdrop. Unfortunately nothing really turned out well. Between the kids who would NOT stay still and John who was equally uncooperative...this is all I have to show for that.
Down the street from John's parents is a small pasture with three horses, (minnie, gus and joker.) The kids LOVE feeding them, and I like to pretend that they are ours. I think our walks to the horses will become part of our daily routine:) It is so nice to sit outside each evening and hear the crickets and frogs.
On Tuesday we bought a house! It is small and we will definately outgrow it in a couple of years but we have lots of plans to fix it up and make it our home for awhile. What we love most about it is all the yard space and the large garden on the west side of it.
We are loving it down here and so glad we can stay at John's parents until our home is ready. The kids are really lucky to get to be around their AWESOME Grandma and Grandpa so much, and this small town living is kinda nice.
6 comments:
I like the new look!
Sounds like you are adjusting well to living in Cardston. I don't think I could do it. I'm too much of a city girl!
I am so happy for you! City people only say they like the city better because they can't leave so they are just trying to stay positive. You are so lucky.
It sounds like things are going great for you guys and we are so glad!
Even though Calgary's population only decreased by five, the city feels a lot emptier now.
Love ya Tan,
Chad
You guys look like you're having fun! Good luck down there is Cardston! Congrats on the new home!
i keep trying to call you to find out when you move but I guess you have already done that! congratulations on the house!
Give me a call so we know where to contact you.
CONGRATS ON THE NEW HOUSE!!! I'm so excited for you guys...I sense big things are comin' for ya'll!
Post a Comment