Seeing as Abby turned 5, we told her that she could invite the five girls that she goes to school with. Of course we invited Mya too because my kids can't seem to BREATHE without seeing her daily! The theme: Spring Fling. Sounds easy right?
I tried really hard to keep the party simple, but boy is it easy to go overboard. I decided earlier this week that I needed to simplify and downsize in a major way before I exploded from the stress of my 5 year olds birthday party. Cuz you know that can be SOOOO stressful!!!!! Therefore, in efforts to simplify, we opted out of many of the games I'd planned, decided against the trip to the nearby farm to see the baby lambs, and of course it was good bye Pinata. Despite the (above)omissions from an already worn out mom, I think the kids still had a fun time. They planted flowers to take home...went on a "bug hunt"... played "Bumble Bee Bumble Bee, are you sleeping?" Mostly though, they just did what kids do best. Play. (It helps to have John around when the playing starts. He's so good at that) They were very sweet girls. I couldn't help but think that one day Abby will be driving "mainies" with some of these same kids. Ugghh...stop thinking about it Tanis.

The menu consisted of Caterpillars, Butterfly wings, Ant Sandwiches, and Ladybugs. Look at us, trying to be all healthy. Well..except for those blasted ladybugs!All in all it was a pretty good time. Mind you, one sweet little girl couldn't help but ask..."But when are we doing the pinata?"
3 comments:
Haha - sounds like a lot of fun but now you know why I went to the cupcakes only - no party thing! Those birthday parties can VERY QUICKLY get out of control. Good for you for cutting back ahead of time! What were the caterpillars made of? I need to call you one of these days to plan our Good Friday fun!
what a cute idea for a party! I love the menu items! I'm sure that they all had a wonderful time!
Ok we loved the Video- Luce and I decided that Sam is Calvin (from Calvin and Hobbs) in real life! Love you guys
Jordan & Luce
Post a Comment