I never thought I'd see the day when Sam would require the least amount of effort and maintenance.
Considering all that has been going on for the rest of us, Sam has practically slipped through the cracks and at times gone completely unnoticed. Poor boy. Oh well, I'm sure that he'll make up for that in the middle of Sacrament meeting on Sunday.Life is busy. I love my life. But it's busy. I feel like I can't really get on top of things, you know, like I'm always just barely keeping up with what needs to be done. For someone like me, that is not a good feeling. I don't like it, and I've come to the conclusion that it is because my house is full of clutter. Literally bursting at the seams with disorganization and junk. Take our main utility cupboard for example.
I've decided that Tupperware containers such as these are the best for storing those odd things that I just can't get rid of, yet don't really like. So I just toss them in a bin and put a lid on it. I though that would work but these little bins all around my house are just screaming at me for attention. "Clean me. Clean me!" they say.
By the way that satiny white bunch of material thrown in there...that's actually my wedding dress.Then there are more obvious places in our home like our fridge. For the past few days it has been taken over by pink icing, cookies and goodies all waiting to be given away. (Thanks to Abby!) I need to clean that baby out, ...and then I need to refill it.
Take note of the soy milk in the back! That's right-Soy! Every time I open our fridge door and see that carton of organic soy milk I feel proud that we are taking steps toward a healthy life consisting of soy. ...I've yet to be able to down a glass of that stuff, but every week I still buy it. You know, it just feels good to.Much to Abby's delight she came home with a back pack AND a giant heart shaped envelope filled to the brim with Valentines and other gifts from her classmates. She's carried it off to her room and has hidden it away from Sam and Jess.
Even though it is out of sight I have a sneaky suspicion that somewhere, somewhere...deep in her room there awaits yet another mess for me to tackle.So that is what this weekend is going to be about. We are going to spend it Resting, Getting back to health, back on track and back to a more organized way. That's right. We're NOT going to answer our door, we likely WON'T be answering the phone. We are going to shut the world out for ONE weekend and focus on what matters most. "Quality Family Time." Can I call it that?
Why this weekend? Because it's Valentines Day of course. And NOTHING brings warmth to my heart more then a clean home!
So while the rest of the world enjoys celebrating the joy of being together, we will be working (playing a little) and cleaning. De-cluttering.
...and celebrating the joy of being together.
One big happy ...ORGANIZED family!
10 comments:
Love your hair Tanis. It is so cute. Those cookies also look delicious! I wish I was a strong as you and actually got my treats delivered instead of just eating them! Hope you guys have a great Valentine's Day.
- H
Tanis I LOVE your hair cut! Very cute. Good luck with all the organizing! Maybe you want to come to my house next?
YOUR HAIR IS SO SO SO SO CUTE!!!!!
Super cute hair cut!!!
You are so thoughtful to make valentine treats to give to other people....me, I just make them for me and the kids to eat!! :) Maybe next year I will be a little more motivated.
Love the haircut! I am trying to conquer the clutter this week too...good luck with it today!
Your haircut is darling. I loved this post. My house is full of clutter and disorganization as well. I however, have made no plans to remedy this until after graduation. By the way, I love visiting your blog for your hilarity and mad writing skills.
Good luck with the de-junk/de-clutter organizing weekend/celebration...hmmm...I don't know what to call it! Good luck though :) Cute hair Tanis!
Hope you are all feeling better. Also, in case no one has told you yet, nice haircut!
I need to follow your lead and designate a family weekend where we don't let anything bother us! That's a good idea. I hope yours went well.
Tanis, your haircut is awesome! I absolutely love it! You look amazing! You're one HOT MAMA!
Post a Comment