It was my birthday yesterday. 29 on the 29th. That only happens once. To celebrate John said we could do anything that I wanted to do. That's generally the tradition in our family. However, I admit when it was Abby's birthday she wanted to go to the Ramada in lethbridge. I wasn't really feeling that so instead I bribed her out of it with a fish. I don't really feel that bad for her because now she has a pet that I have to take care of. Karma maybe.
Anyways yesterday I wanted to spend my birthday in Waterton and we had the bright idea to go fishing for the first time this year. This was to be our maiden trip to Cameron Lake. John was excited to inflate the Seehawk 500. (that's just an inflatable dingy but John feels all manly and stuff whenever he gets to haul that baby out.) So I spent the morning preparing a picnic dinner, packing life jackets, oars, extra change of clothes, sunblock....yadda yadda yadda.
By 3:00 we were ready to leave, and to say we were excited would be an understatement. We couldn't wait! After the trip to Waterton and then the trip up the mountain to the lake we piled out of the van ready to fish and this is what we found:

In case you were planning to go fishing at Cameron lake...don't. It is completely frozen! But we did get a family photo though so that was good. I don't think the kids like all the pictures I take but, my birthday so ...too bad for them.

As we headed back to the van to consider our next option Sam snuck up behind me chanting "mo-o-m I have a present for you." I turned around to see a big snow ball in his hand and an evil look in his eyes. I got it right in the back.
Thank you son. I felt the love.This is a picture of some trees. Because I don't think I ever include enough pictures in my posts.

These trees happen to be where we stopped to have our supper. Hoagies, chips, fruit and veggies. I prefer that way more then campfire food. Jordan and Luci and their kids joined us at this point. The kids were happy to see some of their cousins.

This is my nephew Jaxson. As I was taking his picture I told him to "say cheese." Following my command he focused on his cheese.
Boy did he focus. That cheese got his devout attention until my camera and I had completely cleared the area.
Cameron Falls was gushing that day, in fact we could feel the water mist from the road. It makes me nervous letting my kids get close when the water is moving that fast.

Of course we couldn't disappoint John. The boat came out. We decided to fish in the bay right by the main docks. We've never ever caught fish there and rarely see others trying. We felt a little silly but it was important that we pull out the rods. It was in my plan so it had to be done, if only for a moment.
So that was how our grand fishing trip started and ended. It was a great day and I was very grateful for our family and friends who were so kind to me. Oh yeah and I had to include a picture of the cupcakes that my sister brought over yesterday morning. I LOVED the garden theme and they were almost too good to eat!

I had almost as tough of a time sharing these as I do sharing my "real" garden. But don't worry I did share.
...some:)
4 comments:
Hey at least you didn't get the Nimbus 2000 out and inflated before you realized Cameron lake was still frozen. (Or did you?)
Great pictures as always!
That's quite the cake garden Jewel made for you. Very creative!
What a fun day Tanis. Wish we could have been there too! Fish or not, it looks like a really successful day!
Sounds like a great day even if the fishing part didn't work out exactly as you had planned. The pictures you took are great....I really like the one with the sun shining through the trees.
Plus, I love the cake Jewel made. Very creative!
Happy Birthday!
I am glad you posted your garden cake. I wanted to see that. I love it.
Post a Comment