Perhaps you remember my last post in which I wrote about ALL the planting I got done on this past weekend. It felt good to get my hands in dirt and plant all of those flowers. Every time we've driven up to the house the past few days I felt such pride and joy just looking at our flower beds. Today didn't feel as good.
I think I cried.

Good bye begonias, petunias and impatiens.
Hmmm. "Impatiens" Pretty flower. Sounds a lot like IMPATIENT. I think that is what some people think I am sometimes. I hate to admit it but perhaps I should have planted those impatiens a few weeks from now.
If you'll excuse me now.
I'm off to cry some more.
8 comments:
As much as I wanted to plant flowers, I had a feeling we may have at least one more snow before we were home free. That is so sad -- I hope at least some of them make it! :oS
Oh, I am just the same as you. DYING to get into that garden and find some colour in my yard again.
Alas. 2 more weeks.
And probably 3 more weeks until that killer snowstorm. Always happens.
Sorry.
Not to kick you while you're down Tanis but isn't it good to know we're still getting snow when in just over one month from now the days will start getting shorter again. Depressing indeed!
Im so sorry! That is no fun. I'd tell ya to move to Milwaukee but we're not much better here! I swear I am moving to Arizona when this is all over so that I can enjoy some real warmth! :)
I am sorry for you Tanis...our trees aren't even budding out yet. I'm expecting winter to hold on for awhile yet. July is probably when I'll be planting...I picked a rotten year to try gardening in the mountains!
(Are you as depressed by Lorin's comments as I was? Yeesh...thanks man!)
Could you please make some arrangements for all that snow to be gone and some balmy temps there by Saturday? We would really like to hang out with you and our family in more spring like conditions...I may not be able to come if there is snow in Cardston.
Oh no, so sorry!!! You got the snow we were supposed to get! I sure hope it stays away...we planted our garden today! What a lot of work, but maybe you'll get lucky and they'll all survive!
Oh,so sorry that happened!!! Sure hope all your flowers are not totally ruined. It sounds like you guys put a lot of work and effort into your yard.
That is seriously out of control!!! I can't believe it and I am glad I am missing it. The first week we were here it was hot, but this week has been really hot. I get a tan from running in the morning at 7:30 a.m or 6 p.m. at night.
PS I can give you that recipe, but you have to have green enchilada sauce and I haven't been able to find it in Canada and I am all out. If you go into lethbridge you might be able to find some somewhere. Do you still want it?
Post a Comment