Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The True North

With tomorrows holiday approaching we just wanted to give a shout out to our friends and family and wish you all a wonderful Canada Day!



(Jessica, Abby, Sam and some cousins)



Oh and my nephew Jaxson wishes you a Happy Canada Day too!
Doesn't he look happy to be holding the flag?
(Oh yeah, he's actually an American-but a cute one!)



My neice Liberty? Yup she too wants to wish you a happy Canada Day.
Never mind the fact that her name is Liberty, she was born on the 4th of July in the USA, AND she practically can sign the entire preamble to the American Constitution.

I'm pretty sure she also loves her Canadian roots too.

And so do I!

Last night for family home evening we sat our three kids down and asked them to list/draw a picture of what they love most about Canada. This is some of what we all came up with:

* We love that there are so many different people
* We love the mountains
* We love the mountain goats
* We love that Canada is a FREE country
* We love that there are temples here
* We love that Canada is large and beautiful
* We love that there is Peace in this country
* We love that this country has yummy chocolate bars

So there you have it some of the things (Big and Small) that make Canada wonderful to us. After the kids shared with us what they love we all sang O Canada. We were incredibly off pitch, shaky and the younger ones didn't know the words but dear Abby sang her little heart out. I was so proud!

Though I was grateful that our windows were closed :)

Anyways I am leaving you with some of my favorite photos I've taken over the last little while. Some of my favorite places in this beautiful country!

Happy Canada Day!





Waterton Lakes in the Winter



Winter Sunrise by my home






My favorite picture so far of Old Chief




Along the Waterton Highway




Waterton in the Fall

7 comments:

shauna said...

Great post! I love Canada too...especially our chocolate bars!

Debbi said...

YAY FOR CANADA! Love the pictures! They're all fantastic!

Lahni said...

Beautiful pictures Tanis. We are blessed to live in such a beautiful part of such a beautiful country.

David and Cheryl said...

Fantastic post Tanis! I too love Canada, and all the beautiful pics. you have! I'd love to have a copy of the orange sunset by your house, it's gorgeous...let me know your price! Thanks

Jordan and Luci said...

Canada Shmanada. I wrote this long post and Jordan deleted it and wrote something stupid.

Anyways, those pics made me laugh out loud. I guess I'll celebrate your country since you're going to cook for me:). haha!

Gina and Aaron said...

Happy Canada Day!!! I always hate Canada Day because I feel like I need to do something to celebrate it for Aaron. Then I just think to myself, "Too bad! He lives in America now and that is the country that our family is going to celebrate!" But I do LOVE being married to a Canadian and all the wonderful things that are a part of Canada. (especially my Sun Rype fruit bars and Wonderbars - how did I ever survive without them!) I am soooo missing all you guys up in Canada too!

Anonymous said...

What are you trying to do with those pictures? Make us rethink our entire life plans and lure us back to Canada? Jokes. I miss Canada. I forget how beautiful it is---until I visit your blog. Southern Alberta is especially beautiful.
Ammon just mentioned this morning that this will be his first 4th of July as an American. I corrected him and told him it will be his first 4th as a Canadian with an American passport. Its important that the girls know where their roots come from, American passport or not. Happy Canada Day to y'all. Wish we were there celebrating too.