It is the slush that I want to share with you today. Why?
Well because it is perfectly refreshing, kinda sorta maybe healthy and 100% darn GOOD! I'm also sharing this recipe with you because it is not Mine! I stole it from my friend Shauna's awesome family cook book.

I made it this past weekend for the youth in our ward to enjoy while they BBQ'd at our home. Trust me- they liked it! I've now resolved to NEVER - no NEVER let my freezer be empty of a bucket of this stuff.
So from my grubby recipe stealing hands to you, this is what you do:
1. Grab 5 bananas and mush em up in a big bowl real good. I even took my blender to it. Really mash em.
2. Add to this 1 can of frozen lemonade concentrate AND 1 can of frozen orange juice concentrate.
3. Pour in 4 cups of pure pineapple juice
4. Pour in 4 cups of water
5. Add 1 cup of sugar
Stir this up and transfer to a 1 gallon ice cream pail. Place in your deep freeze and try to stir it occasionally for a couple of days. After that time it is ready to serve. Scoop a couple of spoons into a glass and add sprite or 7 up. That's it.
* On Saturday however I just dumped the entire pail into a large bowl, added about half a litre of pop and stirred this up. It made a great Slurpee texture and it was easier to serve a large crowd that way!
There. Make it. Freeze it. Enjoy it.
BUT WAIT! That's not all!
Now you have to share one of your favorite summer treat. Yes you do have to. I will know if you don't. And in that case, well then I curse your slush that it may never freeze well, and that the lid will fall off in the freezer! ... Don't make that mistake!
Please. Pretty Pretty Please! It'd be fun to read your ideas! In the comment section below leave your favorite recipe, idea or BBQ/picnic tip for everyone to enjoy. OR just post a recipe on your blog and tell us where to find it!
12 comments:
My favourite summer treat...look up page 123 in the middle...you know which book!! Try it...your life will change again!
I have never made that slush...mostly because I don't like bananas. If I did, I bet it would taste fantastic!
IF You don't like bananas you won't taste it in here. Honest. The pinapple over rides any bananay taste.
Okay, I'll post on my recipe on my blog this week.
Here is an easy summer meal for you, we had it last night. I just bought a rotisserie chicken some romaine and some pitas and with some cesar dressing you have chicken cesar pitas.
Instead of cesar dressing I like using the safeway select italian parmesean and herb and it is so yummy!
Looks so yummy!! Great idea to post fun favorites!!! I've got a yummy chicken satay's one that I'll have to post.... ONE OF THESE DAYS!!!
Here's one we just tried, and it was delicious -- Makenna loves them! We just do them in our little popsicle holders though, and it works great. Just copy/paste the link! :o) Thanks for sharing your slush recipe!
http://www.kraftcanada.com/en/recipes/cookies-creme-pudding-pops-94320.aspx
I love grilled zucchini and summer squash. I cut the veggies into wedges and marinate in Zesty Italian or Lawry's Lemon Pepper then grill until light brown.
It seemed like mom and dad were always having a grown-ups only party when "slush" made an appearance in the house. It was surely the most exotic drink I ever knew as a child, especially as we usually got to drink it in the glass cups with the little handles that came in mom's punch bowl set. I was sure that kings and queens surely drank the stuff every single day, 'cause if you could afford it, why on earth would anyone drink anything else?
We usually had ours with ginger ale but I'm sure it's very similar to the Sprite or 7up version.
You're amazing! That slush looks delicious! I'll have to try it out! I'll have to break out my favorite slush recipe..it too is to die for!
that sounds amazing. I am soooo glad you posted. I will have to think of one for you.
Hey Tanis thanks for sharing this!
I've met you once, but I am sure you don't remember. I went to high school with John. ;)
Have a great summer!!! Oh, I share a few recipes every now and then on theprovidentpantry.blogspot.com.
Kaden here, my recipe will be on my Mom's blog and maybe mine.
Post a Comment