Thursday, September 24, 2009

What's her problem anyways!

Abby's teeth having been falling out lately. I man seriously, she is going to look like a jack o'lantern by Halloween guaranteed! Perhaps the tooth fairy is getting a bit tired of visiting our little home I'm not sure. TWICE this week our babysitter (whom I LOVE) managed to wiggle two of Abby's teeth out.

TWICE this week the tooth fairy has completely forgotten to pay her expected visit.




What is that Fairy's PROBLEM anyways?


It literally broke my heart this morning when Abby came to me with tears and exclaimed that she'd been forgotten again!



"No No honey," I insisted, "The tooth fairy would never forget you. She must just be EXTRA busy right now."


After reassuring Abby that the tooth fairy always pays extra money when she comes late -just to make up for any inconvenience, Abby seemed to perk up a bit.


Deep down though, I fear that I may have forever altered the trust and confidence my little girl had in the make believe.



I'm a Bad Bad Mom.

There is still hope for redemption. Perhaps Santa will be able to restore that trust, for just a little bit longer.

If someone around here can manage to get their act in gear before then!
Now if you'll excuse me- I'm off to find MORE Change!

4 comments:

Jewel said...

Oh sad... though I've done the same thing so don't feel bad!!! (I like your excuse more than the one I used though). Abby and Mya are both on a bit of a streak. Mya pulled another tooth out just 2 days ago and lucky for me, I was having a dream about her woke up at 4 am, and remembered.

shauna said...

Been there done that...sometimes I think the tooth fairy should come in the morning/afternoon rather than the night a tooth is lost. Maybe we should start a revolution...have a tooth box somewhere in the house that the tooth is deposited into and sometime during the day (whenever she remembers and no kids are watching) the tooth/money exchange can take place. It would be easier and cheaper! The night time visits are so HARD!

Anonymous said...

You are not alone -- done it here too!! Mike wrote a note to go with the money one time, telling Makenna it had been so windy that she'd been blown all the way to Great Falls and it had taken a whole day to get back here and that's why she was late! (Worked for her, knowing how windy it is here!) Haha. It's hard to remember everything, especially with a pregnant brain (believe me, I SO know!) so don't be too hard on yourself! :o) Hope you're feeling great!

Twyla said...

Tanis, You are not a bad mom. We have forgotten to. I say that the tooth fairy must be running behind and when they are having breakfast, she magically appears. That's a great idea about how she pays more when she is soooo busy! Oh and you do have pregnancy brain!

Thanks for the pictures. We love them!