Friday, October 30, 2009

In good Company

My family LOVES Halloween. Despite the fact that we don't go a single day without my kids dressing up in some way or another- Halloween actually gives them a reason to.

Not to mention the excitement of trick or treating, carving pumpkins, and class parties at school. Hence today.

Admittedly, I have kept Abby home from school this week. Not because she was sick- but because I didn't want her to GET sick.

She's hated every moment of it, and this morning, she flat out refused to stay home and miss her Halloween party when she felt just fine. Reluctantly I let my princess go. But don't be fooled- she's the sole owner of her own bottle of hand sanitizer and I threatened Trick or Treating if she didn't go through half of that bottle today!

I don't think I over reacted.

Doesn't she look like the perfect princess.
I had to roll my eyes when I dropped her off at school and in the perfect princess voice, and with a slight English accent, she politely said, "Good bye Mother."

um..."Good bye my dramatic daughter."



Then there was John's costume. Now you'll be proud to know that I did NOT keep John home all week.

But that's only because I need his paycheck.

Today he left for school looking like some delinquent Surfer...guy. I actually think he looked pretty good, and apparently lots of his students think he should grow his hair out.


Yeah, that'll happen soon.

Anyways that has been the Halloween Fun so far. It's been a fun distraction today, as I think the anxiety is getting to me.

I tell ya, it's a slippery slope folks between where I'm at and completely WIGGIN OUT!

But I think I'm in good company for that!


What do you think?

Happy Trick or Treating!!!

4 comments:

Brianna said...

haha John's costume is amazing! haha I love it!

Twyla said...

Tanis,

I love the costumes!!!! My kids have missed school for the last 2 days as Conrad is sick and I think he has H1N1 - fever and coughing. We are going to have a fun trick or treating party in our house with the kids knocking in the bedroom doors in their costumes. I was happy and sad to see this post... I was hoping that you were in having a baby this week. Good Luck and Have a GREAT Halloween!

Lorin said...

Great costumes! Hope you have a happy Halloween followed by your baby on Sunday.

Jordan and Luci said...

Ok, I honestly thought the middle pic of jess was libbi when i first looked at it. That was weird. Anyways, Abby looks better than any princess I've seen. Tell her I missed doing her hair. Trust me, I would rather be there doing that than here doing all this. Blah!

OH and we're coming home Sat, so hold out just a little longer:)!