Monday, December 7, 2009

An update on our crazy life!

I'm not sure how to catch up on the events of the past couple of weeks. So much has happened and we've hardly had a moment to catch our breath until now. I'll try to hit the highlights.

First - we woke up one morning to a beautiful SOLD sign on our front lawn. When it was placed there - I'm not sure, but it was a welcome sight.

We've loved that little trailer and all the yard around it. We'll miss having a yard that big, and I will miss the ward we lived in more then I can stand to think about. It has been the best place for our family over the last three years. Sometimes when I'd feel bad about living in a trailer I'd often think of that old country song by Doug Stone called Little Houses. I'll miss our little house, and all the Love that was shared there.


Last Tuesday we said good-bye to the East side of town and made the Trek West. ;) Our new home is LOVELY, and we've spent the past week working to get unpacked, pictures hung and all settled in.

Aside from the fact that I feel as though we've moved to a entire new TOWN we are quite comfortable. This home has a lot of Luxuries that I'm really enjoying. Like- a dishwasher! Who knew doing dishes could be so FUN!



And Space!




And a Basement! AKA somewhere to hide the toys!




And the kids favorite feature - Stairs!

The kids were so excited to finally have a set of stairs. During the first couple of days they spent many hours sledding down the stairs on my exercise mat. (someone might as well use that thing!)

I think we will be quite happy here.

Which is a good thing, because only a few days after we moved in we were hit with the hugest Blizzard I've ever seen, which left us snowed in until today. The town pretty shut down. You guys. CHURCH WAS CANCELLED! Here- in this town. Un-heard of! ;) My sister in law and her family risked their lives in that weather to bring us a piano. That was scary. Dairy Queen and other local business stayed closed, and no one could go ANYWHERE even if they'd wanted to!

We were out of cheese. It was rough. Awful. We've never gone without cheese before- and I could barely cook a meal. That was a huge lesson to me on being prepared for emergencies. :)

We spent the weekend in the basement watching movies by the fire with popcorn. Of course we had to venture out to enjoy these DRIFTS! Even John and I had fun sliding down them.

Yup- there is something very cozy about a good storm. It forces you to stop and enjoy life a little. Well- so long as everyone is safe. And you have a good supply of cheddar!


Due to the cancellation of Church, Nate's scheduled baby blessing was cancelled. We will try again with that in a few weeks. He'll be two months old by then. Considering how big he's getting he may be able to walk by that time!



Things are starting to settle down and we are figuring out a routine all over again. I can't wait to focus my attentions on the Christmas season now.

So much to be grateful for!

7 comments:

Joanna said...

Wow you have been busy! Congrats on your new house! It looks very nice... I'm jealous of your dishwasher. You little guy is SO cute!

Dick Family said...

Wow! Congrats on the lovely house! It looks awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you got moved all in and are settling -- the kids look like they're in heaven! What fun!

shauna said...

Your house looks beautiful! I can't wait to get stairs again someday. Hope the kids enjoy the snow...although, with the deep freeze this week it is hard to stay out for long!

David and Cheryl said...

Thanks for the update! Your house looks amazing! Your kiddies are going to love all that space, but I think you're the one who will really love all that space, now you can send them to the basement to play while you enjoy some quiet times!
I can't believe how much snow you guys got! That's great that you were able to play around in it!
As for the cheese...I hear ya loud and clear! I always have an extra block just in case!! Our family wouldn't last without it either!!

Kendra said...

Absolutely love the house Tanis!! It looks great and your children are all absolutely adorable! Congrats on all the changes!

Leslie said...

Wow! I love the house! I so don't love your snow...