But I did find some beautiful homes that were located in the most picturesque spots. I can't decide which one I like better. This lovely home in the valley-
Or this home up on the hill-
Oh - alright I'll take them both!!
Abby has continued to improve on the piano, and this week marks the first week in which she practiced EVERY day without complaining! And it only took a series of small daily "concerts" to pull that off.
She's a sucker for an audience-no matter how attentive they may be.
Today at church we had an interesting experience. During the opening prayer, the power went out, and remained out for the duration of the meeting. At first I wondered if they would cancel sacrament meeting but things went on as normal, without any major disruption. In fact the lack of lighting proved to be beneficail - at least on our bench. The kids were as calm as could be! It was a first!!! It was actually a cozy little meeting. Sam, Abby and Jess were surprisingly docile and each time I'd look over at John and Nate - both fast asleep (hee hee) I had half a mind to slide over on the bench and join them. But the thought of actually hearing a talk for once was enough to keep me awake and alert!
By the time we got home, the power had still not been restored and so we had to get a bit creative. Ironically last week at church our Bishop had encouraged the ward to spend a day without electiricty. No electricity at all. You know, to get a sense of how we'd fair in that type of circumstance. John and I didn't do that challenge. We'd planned to. But the week went by and we just never committed to do it. Not because we didn't agree with what the Bishop was trying to prove. We did. It was more because I thought that I could already IMAGINE perfectly well what that would be like, and I didn't want to have to experience it in real life.
So there we were today- experiencing it anyways, and wishing we'd had a practice run before it really mattered. John was able to get the gas fireplace going with some battery power. We huddled up in the basement together and enjoyed chicken noodle soup that we heated up on the BBQ.
After we ate we all sat back and listened to John as he told us stories of when he was Abby's age. Like the time he burped in class and got in trouble by the teacher. For the record, that happened to be the first and LAST time he ever caused trouble in school. But that grade 1- it sure was a rebelious year for him:)
Just as soon as I started to enjoy the coziness of the family time, and not a moment sooner, the power came back on. It was a fun little Sunday adventure and an important lesson in emergency preparedness that apparantly God was determined to teach us slackers.
One way or another. :)
One way or another. :)





1 comment:
Do tell, what lens did you get???? That sounds like a cozy Sunday! I love it when the power goes off!
Post a Comment