On Sunday our Bishop encouraged us to try to assist in whatever way we could. To be generous. To, (for a brief time and in a small way) try to put ourselves in their shoes. Tonight, after laying with the kids at bedtime, I stumbled out of their room and found John watching online footage of the aftermath.
It finally hit me.
I get now, just how awful things are for those people in Haiti.
It is so difficult to watch the coverage and see all that misery. I always feel so guilty in moments like this. I don't really want to have to acknowledge that all of that is not just "news" but it is someones reality right now.
My reality is a warm house, an able husband, healthy kids, and banana milkshakes before bed.
It doesn't seem fair, yet at the same time...
I am so So grateful for that.
3 comments:
I feel the same way about the not having TV thing. I chose to look up some stuff about Haiti and had to stop because it hurts to think about it. The kids are bringing home raffle tickets today to raise money for Haiti...I think it is good for them to be aware. It is good to take time to count our blessings though too.
Hey - I just found this site this morning and I thought I would share it with you...you have more readers than me.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crafthope?page=1
I know. I feel the same way. I've been so busy with my new baby that I didn't really realize how bad it was until I sat down to feed the baby last night and found nothing on tv but the news. I knew it was bad but that just made it real for me. We are so lucky, aren't we?
Post a Comment