So for the life of me I cannot understand why they have decided to leave? "WHY ARE YOU LEAVING????"
Whatever the reason, it is official. They have sold their home and as I speak, are packing up their belongings and preparing to head back to Utah. Naturally we had to throw them a Canadian style send off. And of course, the party had to be a Surprise!
I put a lot of thought into just how to throw a surprise party (I'd never really done one before), but I knew that two things were essential in order for it to work. 1. I had to involve the right people. People who would be fun AND able to take care of all the details. 2. I had to spend the week prior to the party, completely ignoring Luci. For some reason I think that is a mandatory step. You know, make it so that they sit back and wonder "why nobody even cares that they are leaving." It helps to makes the surprise part that much sweeter when they realize that they actually are loved. Anyhoo...while I worked on ignoring the honorary couple - Rachel, Kat, Jewel, Betsy and Jacki set to work taking care of everything else.
We all met in Waterton (where else?) for a wonderful potluck meal and visiting.
John's sister Rachel immediately dubbed it -the "DEPORTATION PARTY." I liked how that sounded, almost as much as I liked her decorations.
John's sister Rachel immediately dubbed it -the "DEPORTATION PARTY." I liked how that sounded, almost as much as I liked her decorations.
Jewel, Betsy, and Jacki put together a HUGE basket full of both home made and purchased Canadian Goodies. Kat supplied very decadent Crave cupcakes from the big city for all of us to enjoy, and most importantly Jord and Luce were surprised, so success all around!The older kids ate fast, which is no surprise, and then spent the rest of the evening trying to catch one of the many gophers loitering on the field next to our camp kitchen. It was funny to watch a dozen kids run from one whole to the next trying to get one of these little things. It reminded us a lot of a live version of .

Actually, a small part of me worried that we might get in trouble by park officials for disturbing the wildlife. (but do gophers really count as wildlife?)
That is when Jordan pulled out a bunch of Rockets that he just happened to have on hand (shocker), and shot those off high above us, making everyone within a mile radius turn and stare.
Again, I worried that park officials might get mad at Jordan, for disturbing the peace. But then what could they do about it - Deport him?The rest of the evening was spent relaxing and enjoying the beautiful weather. The Guys ended up down by the lake and spent a good chunk of time shooting rocks into the water using home made slingshots that John had made.

The cute Mothers held their cute babies.
(I'm just kidding about the ADD part, he's just a very undisciplined child)
Jordan Jr. aka Jaxson, was pretty much content playing with these Rockets. I think he wanted to set them off just one more time.
This kid is just like his Dad, it's so fun to see!It was a perfect evening in Waterton. Not a single bit of wind, and beautiful Sun. I like to think it was God's way of telling Jordan and Luci that they should perhaps stay in Canada.
I mean, a person would be foolish to leave all of this right?At any rate- we LOVE ya and wish you the best of luck back in the USofA ....EH!



5 comments:
Sweet post Tan. You did a FANTASTIC job!!! Love your pictures! That last family photo of them from last year is DARLING!!!!
AHH so much fun! So excited they will be joining us back in the states :) although I do love Canada....in the summer.
Tan! Thanks for the party. I'm still made about being ignored...:) I think I'm more mad about the family picture you posted though. Anyways, that was the best party and it was so thoughtful of everybody! We love you guys!
PS I don't think ONE awesome day in Waterton is God telling us to stay. It's God's way of teasing me about leaving JUST WHEN it's going to GET awesome.
Wow what a Love-ly send off for Jordan and family!
Terrific pictures and the write up Tanis had me giggling...lol.
This handsome Jordan with the cute wife and kids use to be in my kindergarten class...great memories!
Sorry they are leaving Cardston...all the best to them.
Sounds like you did a great job planning the party. I have a hard time keeping a secret, so my technique is also to completely ignore the person during the days leading up to the party! I definitely love how you named it The Deportation Party...ha ha!
Post a Comment