John has been watching the weather lately with bated breath. You see, earlier in the year, we experienced a lot of fog. Like...a LOT! The foggy weather seemed to last for days at a time in the early days of spring, and we even had fog in the summer! (Actually, that isn't very shocking considering the cool and drizzly summer we had.)
Anyways- John was reminded of the old Farmers Almanac prediction that predicts snow 90 days after a fog. Perhaps the Almanac really calls for "precipitation" - but let's just say snow.
Well back in the summer, whenever we experienced a foggy day, John would go to our Calendar on the fridge, turn ahead 90 days and leave his weather prediction based on the intensity of the fog.
And what do you think he predicted for November 17th?
"SNOW DAY!"
Alright, so his prediction is off in a couple of ways, seeing as it was the surrounding school districts that just got a SNOW DAY, and on the 16th of November - rather then the 17th.
But he's close right?
And we certainly did get a LOT of snow today.
I'm actually OK with this change in weather. It makes setting up our Christmas Tree seem a little less impulsive.
And I've not given up on John's prediction-
I'm still banking on that SNOW DAY tomorrow!


1 comment:
I've been reading all sorts of nostalgic Christmas stories where the family decorates the tree on Christmas Eve. I'm thinking that since school has sort of taken over our small house...we might have to adopt that tradition. It just feels so quaint to decorate the tree just before Santa's arrival instead of threatening (and carrying out the threat) to take down the tree when the kids keep messing with it because it has been up for a month in our tiny tiny living room.
I hope you get your snow day tomorrow. We had one today because there is something magical about playing in the first snow of the year instead of doing schoolwork. It may have been 2 cm but it was a good 2 cm...the kids are hoping for more tomorrow here too. (I will make them do school though regardless. Stinkers think they can have the whole winter off!)
Post a Comment