We spent yesterday morning out at St.Mary's exploring and fishing. While John and the kids searched below the spillway for fossils, Sam focused all of his energies on catching a minnow instead. I love watching him when he is most determined, and believe me- he was determined! After a few misses we finally caught a good sized fish worth keeping. When Abby and Jess saw Sam's new pet they each wanted one of their own too. The kids each filled their water bottles with pond water, added a few plants and oi la... finally something that the whole family can agree on;)
Sadly Sam's fish died in a tragic drain accident shortly after we arrived home. (As in- he was accidental dumped down one.) Sam was devastated, though I admit I was quite happy myself. You see I had recklessly told the kids in a moment of insanity that "if they could keep their so called pets alive then I would consider letting them get a gecko." I don't know why I do that? Why do I make promises like that with them? Oh I know why - It's because I was one hundred percent certain that all three minnows would be dead by the end of the day!
However, this morning I woke up to see that the other two minnows (now affectionately named Mango and Angeline) have survived the night and seem to be doing just swimmingly.
DRAT!
I'm really starting to worry that I'll have to eat my words and the thought of a gecko truly makes my skin crawl.
On another pet related note- Abby has officially started her "Pet Sitting" business. This was again another promise I offered up with no intention of actually fulfiling. Way back in February I told Abby she could watch other people's pets in hopes that she would stop nagging Daddy for a dog of her own. At the time- it seemed like a fair compromise.
Well- she has held me to it (because you know-they always do;) and yesterday produced the first of many posters that she plans to distribute around town. Luckily I intercepted that plan suggested to her that this old blog of ours might be a BETTER way to get the word out to a lot of people. (..or six?;)
As a result, she has confidently put me in charge of advertising.
So there you have it. If you have a pet that needs babysitting- you know who to call.
...But Please DON'T!!!!!
3 comments:
Haha. You're so hilarious! How have you been Tanis? I haven't seen you in forever! And you tell Abby, that IF I had a pet, she would be my first choice in a pet sitter!!
I love reading about your kids Tanis! Have fun with the gecko! :) (Hope you can find a loophole there...)
And tell Abby that as soon as we get a pet...she's first on my list of pet sitters!
Oh I love it. Abby's poster makes me smile too. can't wait to meet the gecko...haha, that makes me smile too.
Post a Comment