Ever have one of those days when your husband walks through the door and you start telling him about your "insanely" busy day and act as though he couldn't have possibly had a day that was busier then yours?
I'm pretty sure that every single day this week was that kind of a day. More then once, this week, I found myself dramatically proclaiming to John that I would gladly trade him places because "his busy" seems like a lot more fun then "my busy."
I mean really...go hang out with cool teenagers literally all day long or... potty train a stubborn soon-to-be three year old? It's kinda a no brainer if you ask me;)
Still though- because I am all about being accurate in my claims, I thought I'd compile a list of the things I did this week vs. the things John did this week, just so I really could see which one of us was truly busy.
I say, we simply let the SIZE of each list speak for itself:)
Tanis
* Made 20 bag lunches in total. (Okay, really just 19 because one day I was lazy and slipped Sam $5 to buy a pizza instead;)
* Went to the grocery store three times
* Re- organized our food storage room
* Watched a little boy every day after school for his mom
* Had the furnace ducts cleaned
* Canned Pears
* Froze peaches (because I couldn't seem to work up the desire to can them)
* Cleaned the entire house from top to bottom
* Re-organized the storage room (oops already said this, but lets just pretend I did it twice)
* Cuddled with Nathan every afternoon
* Watched the Lorax with Nathan 4 times (I pretty much have it memorized)
* walked around the temple with a friend
* Made 6 suppers, 6 lunches, and a never ending multitude of snacks because the kitchen apparently is always open;)
* Went to the dentist
* Did our monthly assignment and cleaned at the church
* Updated our Budget just because I think it's fun to do
*Finally decided on the color of siding for our home (no easy task;)
* Went on a bike ride to the park with Jess and Nate
* Had about 23 kids over each day to "play" (Or maybe it just sounded like that many kids)
* Repaired most of the damage caused by said kids.
* Folded 6 loads of laundry (albeit while watching my favorite episodes of M*A*S*H)
* Began reading President Hinckleys book Standing for Something for the umpteenth time
* As previously mentioned, tried to wrap my son's mind around the idea of using a real "potty" and not a diaper. (pretty much a no-go with that one;)
John
* Went to work every day from 8-5:30
* Coached Volleyball from 5:30-7:30 every day (Except for that night when practice went until 9)
* Attended young men's (after spending the day at work and going to practice)
* Had his first Volleyball game of the year and got home close to 10 (they WON)
* Participated in the back to school Parent Teacher Night (which was held one evening after practice. ...which was held right after work;)
* Took his team to Lethbridge for a tournament on Friday.
* Helped Chaperon the school dance on Friday from 9-12 am
* attended the 2nd half of that Lethbridge tournament on Saturday
Here is what I learned by reflecting on this past week:
1) For all of the complaining that I do, I am really not a very busy person at all. I am in fact all too often - a bored person:)
2) For all the complaining John doesn't do- he really is quite busy.
I really admire the way John takes it all in stride, and never seems to get stressed or ruffled.
Like. NEVER.
He's really quite remarkable!
But don't tell him I admitted this though.
I don't want to foul up his humility;)
No comments:
Post a Comment