Friday, September 28, 2012

Where the best "Crafts" go


Back in August, on a hot summer day, Jessica spent most of a day bent over a creation that she'd thought up, all on her very own.     She was driven by the fact that it was her Aunty Jewel's birthday and was fiercely determined to give something awesome as a gift.

   She worked hard to color each face. ....just right!  

Next, she went in search of something that could be used for arms and legs.    
(Only the finest socks would do;)   

And then... I watched, as she struggled to unravel each strip of tape, always tangling it up in her own clumsy inexperienced fingers, then after discarding that tape, trying again.

Until....

Eventually....

She had created this:

(Actually, she created 3 of these um...darling(?) little plate people, and all for her Aunty Jewel!!!  
(Lucky eh?;)   

Now, I have a special place in my house for my kids' crafts like this.  It's literally a box that is tucked away in our crawl space.   Fortunately,  I've hyped it up so much, that my four little chicks burst with pride when I tell them that something they've made is going in "the box!"   

I sure do admire Jewel though.   She made such a big deal of these when she received them, and hung them up in her front entrance.  Right there.  Where anyone, and everyone could see!

What surprises me more, is that to this day, they are still hanging there!  

Either Jewel has yet to figure out how effective a "special" (albeit out of sight) box is, or she just really knows how to make a kid feel great!

No wonder all the kids love her!!!

No comments: