Sunday, May 12, 2013

Waterton- Twice in one week!!!

John's sister (Rachel) has been in town for the past couple of weeks, and will be or a few weeks more.    Her husband though, unfortunately has to stay back in California and work.   (I know..."has to stay in California."  Boo hooo;)   ANYWAYS, this past weekend, he surprised Rach and flew out to be with her for Mother's Day.     

Naturally, we decided to plan a party in Waterton, because really...he flew all this way to hang out with us to, right?     Here's what made the day great:

* They actually caught a butterfly with the butterfly net.    (Usually it's just used as a weapon;)
* We made tinfoil dinners (could use some fine tuning)
* I found Natural All Beef Hot dogs for our wiener roast.    (I have a phobia of Nitrates, but veggie dogs are gross, so I've always felt lost as to what to do?  ...until now!;)
* Jessica was re-united with her BFF...Thor the dog.  (She didn't leave his side all day!)
* Nate ate a bun.   Like, he actually ATE something!!!   He was sneaky about it, but food literally went into him.    It was a miracle;)
* We sat on the rocky beach and watched the kids throw rocks. 
* Sam and Abby inherited pocket knives and spent a large chunk of time "whittling sticks."
* We saw lots of herds of mountain sheep, some deer, and a tonne of people. (Felt like May long weekend)
* We came home and enjoyed barbecued burgers.   They were sooo good!







No comments: