Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The last couple of weeks, crossing the finish line, and saying goodbye!

I am exhausted.   Beaten down, run down, dog tired, exhausted!    
I've had a cold since the third week of May, and I know, it's "just a cold," but since the third week of MAY for goodness sake!!!!    Jessica has a field trip tomorrow, and I have no idea of the specifics.   (do I take her in the morning, or the afternoon like normal?  What's she supposed to bring?)   I suppose I could call someone and find out, or dig through the pile of paperwork in my kitchen, but I really don't want to go there.   The top of our piano is currently home to not quite-but almost an inch of dust, and I wouldn't be the least bit shocked if one day soon I walked up to it to find "WASH ME" scribbled on it's big ol' side. 

I'd worry about my current state of frustration if it weren't for the fact that I vaguely remember feeling this exact same way at this exact same time- last year.  I'm no doctor, but I'd say I'm experiencing a severe case of "End of the year Burn out."  My only consolation is that I'm pretty sure everyone else is too!   (Which is good, because I don't like to suffer alone;)

I keep telling myself that on the other side of the next two weeks - there is summer.
   GLORIOUS SUMMER!   

For now though, I'm coping by trying to enjoy one day at a time, and to every day find one thing to stop and LAUGH or SMILE about.   

Like the other day, when I had a morning in which each one of my siblings called me and I was actually free to answer my phone!   I enjoyed chatting with Crystal, then Jewel and then Chad- all with in an hour or two.    I loved it!   I hadn't spoken to most of them for days and days.    

Another day that made me smile, was when I went to watch Sam compete at Track & Field.    
Naturally, I arrived late, but still in time to watch him run a few events.   
 He'd ran the 50 meter race first and did well. 
  He easily placed second, and then went on to run the 100 m.    


  I watched at the starting line as he took off, but as he continued down the track I was a little puzzled.   It didn't seem as though he was even trying to race at all.   It looked like he was reaching out and playing with the person next to him.   The goof!    Turns out,  him and his buddy Everett realized they were racing against each other and devised a plan (mid-run) to cross the finish line at precisely the same time.   

So they joined hands and completed their race in a hilarious act of solidarity.  


Everet's Mom took these pictures, and apparently they were overjoyed to learn that they'd both tied for second place.   "Yes!!!"  they said, "All we wanted was to TIE!!!!"  
(Obviously not "in it to win it" kinda boys;)


Oh and this video clip made me laugh.   I found it on my computer with a bunch of pictures from way back when.  (okay, just from a few months ago;)    Sam, Abby and Jess had gone through a phase where they were obsessed with The Three Stooges.   They were always acting like Curly, Larry and Mo.  (talking in unison...bopping each other on the nose...that sorta thing.)       

Anyways, I captured this footage one morning as they headed off to school and said goodbye in their "three stooges style."
Simply put -  my.kids.make.me.laugh.    

period.


I'm looking forward to saying good by to routine for a while and playing with them a bit more.    
No doubt I'll be counting down to September sooner then I probably should, but I'll worry about that another day;)  

Good bye!


No comments: